Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
    You’ve lost all the old cover.
    I think it’s three bolts to remove the mirror and I had to take the door car off to get to the bottom bolt.
    It may be easier just to pop the cover off the replacement
    You had to take the door trim off to get to the bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia-15-cdti-saloon View Post
      You had to take the door trim off to get to the bolt?
      Think there is one bolt you may need to take the door card off, but have a look behind the tweeter (The small triangle speaker). The tweeter just pulls off its clipped in by plastic rivets

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Think there is one bolt you may need to take the door card off, but have a look behind the tweeter (The small triangle speaker). The tweeter just pulls off its clipped in by plastic rivets
        Thanks. Found videos on Youtube. Seems simple enough.

Comment

All done. Needed a narrow trim tool and T20x100mm for the door card. To replace the wing mirror itself I used a T25 and a 3/8" socket. Wing mirror from Mega vaux.

Comment

Fantastic glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia-15-cdti-saloon View Post
              Thanks. Found videos on Youtube. Seems simple enough.
              got a link? i need to swap mine this weekend and could do with some details instructions on how to do it if possible?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Craig85 View Post
                got a link? i need to swap mine this weekend and could do with some details instructions on how to do it if possible?

thanks in advance
                3 x T20s in the door card 2 behind the big silver handle trim and one behind the small silver handle. Pop the tweeter off and unclip the plug. Pull carefully on the door card. Or make sure you have replacement poppers.

Pretty simple. I think it's a 7mm for the 3 bolts for the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                  3 x T20s in the door card 2 behind the big silver handle trim and one behind the small silver handle. Pop the tweeter off and unclip the plug. Pull carefully on the door card. Or make sure you have replacement poppers.

Pretty simple. I think it's a 7mm for the 3 bolts for the mirror.
                  Mines a 2014 techline - same instructions apply??

Comment

Mines a 2014 techline - same instructions apply??
                    Yes same for preface or facelift any trim variant.

Comment

thanks in advance

It's not in English but found the first 2:10 minutes useful in demonstrating how to get the door card off.

Needed a narrow trim tool and T20x100mm for the door card. To replace the wing mirror itself I used a combination of T25 and a 3/8" socket.

Comment

Just remember, when you unclip the handle to remember to put it back as you won't be able to open the door.

Comment

Working...
                        X