Broke wing mirror advice pls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke wing mirror advice pls!

Had wing mirror knocked by an on coming car down busy country lane. Mirror still works fine but obviously it's a shell of its former self. Do I need a complete mirror or just the casing?

Originally posted by Insignia-15-cdti-saloon View Post

Had wing mirror knocked by an on coming car down busy country lane. Mirror still works fine but obviously it's a shell of its former self. Do I need a complete mirror or just the casing?
    Just the casing. Atleast that's some good news

Comment

Did your original one get squashed?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        Did your original one get squashed?

Shattered. By the time I could find a place to stop and turn around a few cars had gone over it.

Comment

Shattered. By the time I could find a place to stop and turn around a few cars had gone over it.
          I feel your pain

Comment

Know where to get the casings from online and any videos on how to put together and take them apart?

Comment

Know where to get the casings from online and any videos on how to put together and take them apart?
              Ebay best bet. Probably easiest to get any colour and get it sprayed unless you're lucky and get your colour.

What's your paint code? It's a sticker on the passenger side door.

Casing just clips in no hassle

Comment

I'm sure the covers just clip on.

Comment

z179 - Silver lake. There are a few complete mirrors on eBay in that colour. Worth picking up one of those and just using the casing?

Comment

z179 - Silver lake. There are a few complete mirrors on eBay in that colour. Worth picking up one of those and just using the casing?
                    I don't see why not. Then you'll have a spare one

Comment

I see there are silver lake covers for just over £34, and a complete mirror for £65 freepost, in the right colour too. I suppose you have to weigh up the likelihood of it getting clipped again. It happened to me, complete mirror written off, cost me £75, but it was the right colour & mint condition.

Comment

New cover on ebay, £13.99 - Buy-it-now - freepost, needs painting of course, just an option.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Drive...MAAOSwygJXh4f6

Comment

I've ordered a complete mirror for £50 in the right colour. Haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with it when it comes. Just use the cover or swap the lot over. Can't figure out how to get the bottom of the old cover off, well whats left of it.

Comment

I've ordered a complete mirror for £50 in the right colour. Haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with it when it comes. Just use the cover or swap the lot over. Can't figure out how to get the bottom of the old cover off, well whats left of it.

Dont think thats part of the casing.

Comment

You’ve lost all the old cover.
                              I think it’s three bolts to remove the mirror and I had to take the door car off to get to the bottom bolt.
                              It may be easier just to pop the cover off the replacement

Comment

Working...
                              X