Start/stop not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start/stop not working

Have just bought a 2014 plate and can’t seem to workout how the start/stop works any help much appreciated tia.

When you stop at, say, a junction, if you put the parking brake on, put the car into neutral, then take your feet off the pedals the engine should stop.

If electrical/engine demand is too high, or if the battery isn't adequately charged (short journeys) the stop-start will not activate.

Stop-start can be switched off using the 'ECO' button on the centre console, although you have to do it for every journey.

Comment

Hi Gav,

You've probably bought the car after the battery has done a lot of work over winter. You should notice stop start becomes more active as the battery recovers.

Get some pics of your posted when you have time!
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

So I thought i'd revive an old thread rather than start a new one..... (who wants 4 million stop start threads?)

I've bought a 2014 insignia elite ecoflex and I drive 25 miles to work and i've had it for 2 weeks.
          The car was sat there for about 3 months before I bought it so the battery may have discharged a bit.

What you suggest is that the battery should come back to life over time...
          How much time? I've done about 500 miles in it so far.

Or is it more likely that the battery is not holding enough charge any more?

Comment

Took mine a while to charge up. It’s a crap system anyway. I turn it off it’s pointless.
            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by dewitts View Post
              So I thought i'd revive an old thread rather than start a new one..... (who wants 4 million stop start threads?)

I've bought a 2014 insignia elite ecoflex and I drive 25 miles to work and i've had it for 2 weeks.
              The car was sat there for about 3 months before I bought it so the battery may have discharged a bit.

What you suggest is that the battery should come back to life over time...
              How much time? I've done about 500 miles in it so far.

Or is it more likely that the battery is not holding enough charge any more?
              manual or auto (My auto does not have It )

Comment

It’s manual, no issues on starting at all and not quite 5 yrs old so battery ‘shouldn’t’ be failing

Comment

So trudging through some old threads, someone suggests purposely stalling the car in first gear to make it work.
                  Any validity to this??

Would putting my battery charger on for an hour or so be beneficial??

Comment

I will admit I have accidentally stalled it, and its gone into auto start mode, mine is so hit and miss, some times I get it in s/s but most of the time it doesn't work, I have a service coming up end of the mont, so will ask them to check why

Comment

As previously said, every car acts differently, but it is always the battery. The actual systems works fine, its down to if the battery meets all the criteria for your own car, as criteria seems to vary from car to car. Just for reference mine works like 90% of the time. My battery voltages are 12.6v when stood on drive switched off, 13.6v - 14.4v whilst driving, i am assuming 13.6v is without alternator and 14.4v with, 'im no car electrician .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                      X