My 2014 2.0 CDTi SRi VX-Line Sports Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the Bose system like Paul
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      What's the Bose system like Paul
      It's perfect, I couldn't wish for a better sounding system...........has your new one got it too?

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
        It's perfect, I couldn't wish for a better sounding system...........has your new one got it too?
        Unfortunately not,but can't grumble, AFL and the big dash display was the main extras I wanted,oh and leather
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Also,it's my 3rd Insig,and this one will be the first with electric rear windows

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Also,it's my 3rd Insig,and this one will be the first with electric rear windows
            I need to fit electric windows to mine so I can stop the kids from keeping opening them haha.

Comment

A couple of jobs done today....

Firstly I de-badged it's arse....

Before:

20180415_135831-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

After:

20180415_141813-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I also stripped off and cleaned the throttle body....

I had a feeling it would be bad after I cleaned the MAP sensor,EGR Valve and EGR Valve 'feed pipe' last week, as the MAP sensor and EGR feed were covered in thick Black carbon.....so, here are a few pictures...

Befores....rank, as expected!

20180415_112121 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_112140 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_112149 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_112154 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

and afters....cleaned with a screwdriver to get the bulk off, then carb cleaner and toothbrushes!

20180415_115233 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_115239 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_115243 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180415_123115 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I also ran a can of EGR cleaner through the inlet as per instructions to help clean it out further....I'm tempted to get one of those 'carbon clean' things done given the state of it....I'm guessing it's been run on supermarket fuel previously, now it's getting Shell all the time it should benefit too!

Comment

Why don't you just use the supermarket fuel and add Millers Diesel Eco Max. Same as buying premium fuel but cheaper per litre
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  Why don't you just use the supermarket fuel and add Millers Diesel Eco Max. Same as buying premium fuel but cheaper per litre
                  I don't buy premium fuel, just standard Shell 'Fuelsave' Diesel...and I've used Millers EcoMax in the past and it's a pain in the arse fannying around with it every time you fill up and it stinks the car out.

Comment

Have never had any problems when tipping into the tank, either on my diesel Vectra or petrol turbo. And once the cap is on tight no smell
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Have never had any problems when tipping into the tank, either on my diesel Vectra or petrol turbo. And once the cap is on tight no smell
                      Very nice Paul, nice subtle mods so far.

Dual exhaust is on the list of mods I assume?

What other mods you got planned?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                        Very nice Paul, nice subtle mods so far.

Dual exhaust is on the list of mods I assume?

What other mods you got planned?
                        Thanks Dave, Yes dual exhaust at some point, I just think they look 100% better with them....I'm not going outlandish this time with the massive round tails....going ovals and not really much bigger than standard....maybe a re-map too but happy enough with how drives and performs.

The rear seat back swap being sorted at the moment, I should have it soon....Folding mirrors will be fitted too, and other than the LED headlamp bulbs that will be it, as it doesn't really warrant anything else being done.....I doubt if i'll change anything on the suspension as I don't want it rock hard like my last one, and brake upgrades will be done as and when they need replacing.

My main layout soon will be the front bumper being re-sprayed as it's had a very very poor spray at somepoint in the past and is chipping and flaking like nothing I've seen before, it lets the car down.

I'd love front and rear VXR bumpers but unless they come up complete and in Red and cheap, I doubt they will be bought.

Comment

Beautiful car pal. Looks good in red

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                            Beautiful car pal. Looks good in red
                            Thanks Spark, much appreciated mate

Comment

I bought some Race Glaze Nano Wheel Sealant on advice and recommendation for these diamond cut wheels...and I used it yesterday, and I am VERY impressed.....it adds gloss and the wheels feel like silk afterwards....I'd highly recommend it to anyone for their wheels.

Hard to get the shine and reflection on the diamond cut section but it shows fairly well:

P1020533 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020532 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020531 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020530 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                                I bought some Race Glaze Nano Wheel Sealant on advice and recommendation for these diamond cut wheels...and I used it yesterday, and I am VERY impressed.....it adds gloss and the wheels feel like silk afterwards....I'd highly recommend it to anyone for their wheels.

Hard to get the shine and reflection on the diamond cut section but it shows fairly well:

P1020533 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020532 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020531 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020530 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr
                                Cracking wheels those Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X