My 2014 2.0 CDTi SRi VX-Line Sports Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
    Fitted the obligatory alloy door lock pins...

20180505_164317 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180505_164350 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Soo much better than the standard plastic efforts.
    Left mine in the bloody red one didn't I,,,bugger !
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Another excellent (I think so) mod done this afternoon....

Rear seat back swap...for one with the armrest and load-through

(Apologies for the naff pics, they are off my phone (Normally good quality) but the sun was blazing!)

Before:

20180428_154159 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

After:

20180428_171534 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180428_171541 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I'm well chuffed, it's a handy addition and 'up-spec' to the car

Plus...when I removed the seatbase, I found an iPod!
      Shame is not an iphone

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Left mine in the bloody red one didn't I,,,bugger !
        I meant to take mine out of the Silver one, but forgot!

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Shame is not an iphone
        Are you after one?

Comment

Fitted the obligatory alloy door lock pins...

20180505_164317 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180505_164350 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Soo much better than the standard plastic efforts.
          Yeah agree. Miles better than those cheap plastic things vx stick it. I got these black anodised ones though just to be different

They also do them in silver https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alum...311.0.0.okZ2dg if you prefer the alloy look.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Today, this arrived!!

20180509_165344 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I'm looking forward to fitting it, very soon hopefully

Comment

How much was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                How much was that?
                It comes from the Netherlands and is 138.95 Euros, which works out at £122.70 including shipping...but there are a few different ones at different prices for differing years of the F40 gearbox....here's the website: https://www.short-shifters.com/

The service is amazing, I ordered it last weekend, it was despatched Monday and it arrived on Wednesday....from the Netherlands!!

Comment

Short Shift linkage fitted earlier.....quite a ******* to get off, but then again I suppose they aren't made to come off!....I had to borrow a neighbours slide hammer to get it off the splines!!

But, what a mod! The gear change is about half what it used to be, very short and precise and a joy to swap cogs!

I didn't think it was too bad originally, when I changed from my Calibra back in 2013 I loved the gear change on the Insignia, (Not that the gearchange in the Calibra was bad) however after driving a couple of new Mini Coopers last week as courtesy cars, it made mine feel like a big old slack knacker....something had to be done!

A couple of pics and vids....

The 2 together...

20180512_151842 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Fitted....

20180512_152530 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

and a couple of vids to show the difference in change/throw....

Before:

20180512_142142 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

After:

20180512_152640 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Very happy chappy & well worth it in my opinion

Comment

After a couple of days driving around with the new linkage/selector fitted, it's a superb mod and one I'd recommend to anyone if you want to sharpen up your gearshift....the only downside really is that because it's a single unit and it doesn't have a pivot and rubber isolator bush in like the original, it can feel a touch agricultural as you get feedback through the gearstick, but it certainly doesn't bother me

Another small mod done today.....now, this isn't what I'd normally do, and I hate people badging cars up as something they aren't, but the story goes like this...

The passenger side SRi wing badge has always looked slightly crooked to me, and I'm aware the passenger side wing has had paint at some point......now when I was washing the car last the badge caught on my wash mitt and came off.....hmm, so bugger it i'll leave it off and take the other side off too....

When I'd dried the car off, and went to clean and polish the area where the badge had been, I saw that the badge had been re-glued on after the paint work....with SUPERGLUE!!! which had left marks on the wing that I couldn't get off and also the glue had reacted to the lacquer and sort-of burned into it! effing marvellous!.....so, I needed something to cover the damage up, a new SRi badge wouldn't work because the marks were bigger than the badge, so something larger was called for....and the only thing I could find were these decals....

20180514_123145 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180514_123203 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Like I say, I hate people that badge cars up as something they aren't, like putting a VXR badge on a non VXR and M3 badge on a 318i etc.....but desperate times call for desperate measures and this was a situation.....so these were bought and fitted this morning.

I quite like them really, I guess others wont like them because (Like me, I know) it's not an 'OPC Line'....and yes they are straight honestly, it's the angle of the door shut and repeaters that make them look on the slant.

There are 'VX-Line' decals out there but they either weren't big enough or they looked amateur-ish, at least these look official.

Comment

I need to clean out my EGR and throttle body on mine, not very handy at anything so worries me a bit but something I would like to learn to do regularly as I plan to keep the car for a good while

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                        I need to clean out my EGR and throttle body on mine, not very handy at anything so worries me a bit but something I would like to learn to do regularly as I plan to keep the car for a good while

Once it's done, and as long as you use decent fuel then it shouldn't really get back in too much of a state.

It's quite daunting to do at first (and messy) but once you have done it, it's quite easy.....it's a fiddly job too.

You might find a local member on here may offer to help you.

Comment

Another instalment.....

It's off away again tonight for a couple of days.....I'm having the bumper stripped down and re-sprayed.....due to this incredibly lousy blow-over job it's had done in the past at some point.................

It pee's me off and lets the car down...

P1020623 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020624 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020625 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020626 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020627 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020628 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I should have it back late Friday...looking all fresh and tidy

Comment

It would me. That's pretty bad and odd. Looks like flaking paint was resprayed over. Is it going somewhere you know will do a good job?
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              It would me. That's pretty bad and odd. Looks like flaking paint was resprayed over. Is it going somewhere you know will do a good job?
                              The flaking paint is due to a very bad or non existent prep before spraying...hence why it's all chipping off too, no plasticiser in the paint......the sprayer has never seen anything like it.

and yes, it's being done by the guy who sprayed and fitted the full vx-line kit on my Silver one.

It's getting fully stripped to bare bumper, including removing the lip...sanded right down, 1 or 2 coats of some sort of high build primer to level it all out, painted and then lacquered....I'm expecting it to look better than new when I get it back.

Comment

Nice one. The place I use isn't cheap but wow what a job they do. Get some after pics up when you get it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X