My 2014 2.0 CDTi SRi VX-Line Sports Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    Nice one. The place I use isn't cheap but wow what a job they do. Get some after pics up when you get it back.

I don't mind paying for a top notch job.....the quote/estimate is just under £470, which I don't think is too bad.

and yes, 'after' pics will be taken.

Comment

Cracking car pal

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Cracking car pal
        Cheers Russ

Comment

I had that problem with mine, the front of it has chipped badly even though it looked mint when i picked it up.

Found another place to do the bumper this time so hopefully it will last longer

Comment

Here are some afters...

I'm very happy, it's like night and day....a huge difference and very tidy paint job.

When the bumper was stripped down he also removed all the previous over-spray off any component he found it on....he said it was very very poor paint and lacquer as as soon as the sander touched it big lumps just chipped off...nasty.

The only downside is there is a slight discrepancy with the colour match, which is down to how the paint behaves on plastic rather than metal...he even matched it up beforehand!

P1020629 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020630 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020631 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020632-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020633 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020634-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I really wanted to get some coats of wax on it but he said give it a week to breath & cure 100% before applying anything.....I'm just worried about insects embedding themselves into it.

Comment

I've heard a few times about the paint difference on bumpers compared to the rest of the car but between my present and previous Insignia, I've had bumpers resprayed 4 times and only once was there a noticeable colour difference and that was when I tried a smaller paint repairers. The other 3 times I've used an insurance approved place and they've been a perfect match so it can be done. As long as you're happy with it though. You'll have to keep the speeds down now so you don't get any stone chips.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You'll have to keep the speeds down now so you don't get any stone chips.
                I was out on Sunday night and it's covered in insects now, and because there's no wax on it, I bet they leave marks!!

anyway, as I was out on Sunday night, I went for a drive on a road I love and stopped off at a nice viewpoint to take some pics.............

20180520_195954Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_200000Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195932 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195922_HDRBlanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195849Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Comment

I know I'm bias towards red but I do think they're one of the best looking STs.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I know I'm bias towards red but I do think they're one of the best looking STs.
                    It was partly how it looked that swung me, I wasn't really looking for an ST but with the spec and looks.....swoon...

Comment

Stunning looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                        Stunning looking car.

Thanks Graeme

Comment

Mint looking tourer pal

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                            Mint looking tourer pal
                            Thanks Spark mate...and fellow mint looking tourer owner!

Comment

Club stickers bought and fitted...

Top of windscreen..

20180603_124413 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

O/S passenger door..

20180603_124438 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

N/S passenger door..

20180603_124421 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Bottom of rear screen..

20180603_124429 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

They are bloody fiddly to get off the backing, and I also realised they lift off the glass easily...I was applying glass sealant and parts started catching on the microfiber cloth I was using....hopefully they'll stay on more than a few weeks.

Comment

The calipers were looking a little shoddy, and with them being so visible, I decided to give them a lick of Silver Hammerite to tart them up abit....I also did the visible lip of the Back-Plates a wire brush and coat of Black Hammerite......and (Not that you can see them) the front struts got a tickle with the Black paint too!

The car is very dirty though, highly substandard I know....

20180626_200021 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180626_200029 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180626_200041 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180626_200058 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X