Follow us on...
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on instagram
Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  63
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Car
    Driving,Walking,PS4,Cars, My Better half :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    Nice one. The place I use isn't cheap but wow what a job they do. Get some after pics up when you get it back.

I don't mind paying for a top notch job.....the quote/estimate is just under £470, which I don't think is too bad.

and yes, 'after' pics will be taken.

2. Likes marko301 liked
    Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking car pal
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Cracking car pal
    Cheers Russ

Car
    Insignia Sports Tourer VX Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem with mine, the front of it has chipped badly even though it looked mint when i picked it up.

Found another place to do the bumper this time so hopefully it will last longer

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some afters...

I'm very happy, it's like night and day....a huge difference and very tidy paint job.

When the bumper was stripped down he also removed all the previous over-spray off any component he found it on....he said it was very very poor paint and lacquer as as soon as the sander touched it big lumps just chipped off...nasty.

The only downside is there is a slight discrepancy with the colour match, which is down to how the paint behaves on plastic rather than metal...he even matched it up beforehand!

P1020629 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020630 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020631 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020632-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020633 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

P1020634-Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

I really wanted to get some coats of wax on it but he said give it a week to breath & cure 100% before applying anything.....I'm just worried about insects embedding themselves into it.

Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard a few times about the paint difference on bumpers compared to the rest of the car but between my present and previous Insignia, I've had bumpers resprayed 4 times and only once was there a noticeable colour difference and that was when I tried a smaller paint repairers. The other 3 times I've used an insurance approved place and they've been a perfect match so it can be done. As long as you're happy with it though. You'll have to keep the speeds down now so you don't get any stone chips.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to keep the speeds down now so you don't get any stone chips.
    I was out on Sunday night and it's covered in insects now, and because there's no wax on it, I bet they leave marks!!

anyway, as I was out on Sunday night, I went for a drive on a road I love and stopped off at a nice viewpoint to take some pics.............

20180520_195954Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_200000Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195932 by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195922_HDRBlanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

20180520_195849Blanked by Paul Bethell, on Flickr

Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm bias towards red but I do think they're one of the best looking STs.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

10. Thanks MadOnVaux! Thanked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm bias towards red but I do think they're one of the best looking STs.
    It was partly how it looked that swung me, I wasn't really looking for an ST but with the spec and looks.....swoon...

12. Likes marko301 liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning looking car.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast