Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Ecoflex Stop-start doesn’t Stop-start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ecoflex Stop-start doesn’t Stop-start!

I have had my 12 reg. Ecoflex Stop-Start for three weeks and am very pleased with it. However, the stop-start feature has never worked in all that time. I had assumed it was because the battery might not have been sufficiently charged (when I first test-drove it at the dealers, the battery was run down and it had to be jump-started, and since then I have used it daily - with no starting problems - but only on short journeys). But today, I drove it for fifty miles (continuously) which I thought would be enough to bring the battery up to full charge, yet it still doesn’t stop-start despite the green light showing on the eco switch and the air-con switched off.
    Could it simply be that the battery is not quite up to scratch, or is it likely to be something else?
    Thanks!

Are you in neutral ,with foot off the clutch,maybe take the battery off and give it a good boost charge overnight,then try
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Most likely the battery. Mine was parked up for 9-10 weeks and I have been on some short runs and a couple of 60ish mile trips and the battery is still not charged enough for the start/stop to work. Few more runs needed
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Maybe after lots of short journeys it was doing a DPF regen and that prevented the stop-start from working.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          Maybe after lots of short journeys it was doing a DPF regen and that prevented the stop-start from working.
          Good suggestion, but no DPF regeneration symbol has been showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulleteer View Post
            Good suggestion, but no DPF regeneration symbol has been showing.
            You won't normally get a symbol - it does it in the background.
            With time and familiarity with the car you might notice subtle signs such as a different engine note, the engine being more sluggish, heater vents suddenly blowing much warmer air, or in the 'ECO' menu list of top consumers it might say 'rear demister' but the button for rear demist won't be lit.

The only time you'll get a symbol and a message on the dash regarding a regen is if the DPF is so full that it urgently needs to complete a regen, usually due to being interrupted (the previous journey was too short and the ignition was switched off before regen could complete).

Comment

I've got one too.
              I bloody hate it when the engine stops, I dont know why, but I do.
              If I drive into town I turn it off, maybe I don't trust it ?

Comment

mine was exactly like yours, bought a new battery now its all working as it should. My ecoflex is a 2lt 61 plate and it still had the original battery on it, the cold weather was the deciding factor for me getting a new battery i was sick of going out to the car not knowing if it would turn over or not. Once replaced everything in way of stop start worked as it should

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
                  I've got one too.
                  I bloody hate it when the engine stops, I dont know why, but I do.
                  If I drive into town I turn it off, maybe I don't trust it ?
                  Maybe the technology is new you not got used to it yet.

Comment

If your engine is running you can drive your car.
                    If it stops running it MAY not start again, there is a risk of that.
                    Plus I've had 40 years of older cars with old batteries, tow ropes and chargers.
                    Google 1970's cars !
                    Surely the Starter Motors must get hammered?

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
                      If your engine is running you can drive your car.
                      If it stops running it MAY not start again, there is a risk of that.
                      Plus I've had 40 years of older cars with old batteries, tow ropes and chargers.
                      Google 1970's cars !
                      Surely the Starter Motors must get hammered?
                      Pretty sure their starter motor is different to no stop start cars.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
                        I have a 350 mile round trip coming up, so I'll see if that boosts the battery sufficiently. If not, I'll invest in a new battery and hope that does the trick.
                        I shall report back!

Comment

I think the battery needs to above 75% charge,plus the battery sensor could be at fault.Are the battery connections clean/tight?.
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Yes, the battery connections are sound. But I will certainly bear in mind the possibilty of the battery sensor.
                            Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulleteer View Post
                              Thanks to everyone for the advice.
                              I have a 350 mile round trip coming up, so I'll see if that boosts the battery sufficiently. If not, I'll invest in a new battery and hope that does the trick.
                              I shall report back!
                              Not meaning to be negative but i am going to say that during or after your trip the stop start will still not work, am suggesting this based on my own experience of my own stop start, keep you radio off heater off aircon off auto light off and you may get a solitary stop start happen, buy a new battery like i did and it works every time now if i want it too

good luck and please do report back

Comment

Working...
                              X