Space saver tyre.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space saver tyre.

Can anyone tell me if these tyres are avail from tyre dealers,never seen them around my area,how far can these tyres be used for at the max speed rating?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Howy, they're shite,,noisy,and max speed is 50 ,much better off with full size spare
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks,will keep an eye out for another 18'' alloy
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Good call,I gave mine away,they're really crap,and if you get a front puncture,you're meant to swap a rear wheel onto the front,as the spacesaver is for rear axle only, and when you fit to rear,you think the wheel bearing has gone,they're that noisy
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          I bought a full size steel, it's only showing for a short while, when you have a puncture, if ever. I've only had one puncture in donkeys years.
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

You could also buy a set of winter wheels, put one of them in your car and store the remaining three for the next winter.

Comment

I am looky as my car has full size steel wheel spare when I purchased it but typically these days the mrs's car GLA has no spare but what makes it even worse is after handing £500 to merc dealer for one (there is much cheaper options for same on ebay) there is no where to store it

Comment

I just realised Howy has a saloon (or hatch), I'm wondering if a full-size spare would fit in a non Sports Tourer, as the Sport Tourer has a higher boot floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  I just realised Howy has a saloon (or hatch), I'm wondering if a full-size spare would fit in a non Sports Tourer, as the Sport Tourer has a higher boot floor.
                  Full size spare will fit in a hatchback with the boot floor risers. As that is what I have in mine.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                    Full size spare will fit in a hatchback with the boot floor risers. As that is what I have in mine.
                    So apart from a full-size wheel, he also needs to boot floor riser (and reduce the volume of his boot), I think that's something to consider.

Comment

So apart from a full-size wheel, he also needs to boot floor riser (and reduce the volume of his boot), I think that's something to consider.
                      Unfortunately yes.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Spare Wheel for Grand Sport Elite Nav

Hi. I'm new to this forum game so apologies if I don't understand the rules. I posted a question against another thread but haven't received a reply so I'm trying again on this one which seems to still be active (the other was over 2 months since a previous post).

My previous question was: I have an (old) 2L turbo petrol 4x4 and fancied a new one with the same drive train. This means an Elite Nav. I also want a spare wheel and Vauxhall's response is - tough. Apparently their 17" space saver is available on all models except with this drive train. I believe it is because this model has updated (Brembo) brakes which are physically bigger and so the 17" won' t fit. Can anyone confirm this?

And a question from this thread: There's mention in these threads of a boot riser to fit a full sized spare. Any idea where I get these from?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikab View Post
                          Hi. I'm new to this forum game so apologies if I don't understand the rules. I posted a question against another thread but haven't received a reply so I'm trying again on this one which seems to still be active (the other was over 2 months since a previous post).

My previous question was: I have an (old) 2L turbo petrol 4x4 and fancied a new one with the same drive train. This means an Elite Nav. I also want a spare wheel and Vauxhall's response is - tough. Apparently their 17" space saver is available on all models except with this drive train. I believe it is because this model has updated (Brembo) brakes which are physically bigger and so the 17" won' t fit. Can anyone confirm this?

And a question from this thread: There's mention in these threads of a boot riser to fit a full sized spare. Any idea where I get these from?
                          Hi Mikab, welcome to the forum, I saw your query on the other thread but the truth is I don't know the answer. It took me a while to find out that no one else did a spare wheel for the new Grand Sport.
                          This website might help you with wheel sizes.
                          https://www.wheel-size.com/size/vauxhall/insignia/2018/
                          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                            Hi Mikab, welcome to the forum, I saw your query on the other thread but the truth is I don't know the answer. It took me a while to find out that no one else did a spare wheel for the new Grand Sport.
                            This website might help you with wheel sizes.
                            https://www.wheel-size.com/size/vauxhall/insignia/2018/
                            Thanks. I also have the problem that an Elite Nav with this drive train has an upgraded (Bose) sound system, and Vauxhall have fitted the extra kit in the spare wheel well! It's almost as if they don't actually want to sell the car. Although they have refused to consider moving the audio kit out on a Grand Sport there was an indication that they had done it on a Sports Tourer so there's still some hope. From what I can gather from the reviews the Grand Sport is better than the old Insignia which I think is pretty good anyway so I'll struggle along for a bit yet and see if I can get there.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I’ve given up (see Grand Sport + Bose Upgrade thread if anyone else is struggling with this).

Comment

Working...
                              X