Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side light staying on?

Hi, New to this forum.
    Recently acquired a 61plate 2.0cdti Insignia exclusiv.
    I’m no pro with cars, but I love my Vauxhalls and I bloody love this car.
    Problem is... when engine is off and ignition is removed my drivers side lights stay on, both front and back.
    It’s not parking lights being left on - I’ve checked and triple checked. All other lights are working fine. They don’t go off at all, and I’ve had to remove the bulbs just so they don’t drain my battery.
    Immediate fix fine but it’s damn annoying - plus an MOT fail 🤷🏽*♂️.
    I’ve checked where the fuses should be and there isn’t actually fuses in the slots for either.
    Like I say I’m not a pro with cars, but I’m not afraid to get stuck in.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
    Many Thanks,
    Rob

***update****
    It’s not the headlamp switch, I changed it out figuring that if both the front and back side lights weren’t turning off the only thing that it could be would be the switch. Wrong.

I’ve checked the wiring going into the back of the multi plug at the switch and they are all secure... at a total loss

Comment

Could it be a relay packing up maybe? Is there anybody near you who could let you try theirs in yours?
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Are you sure they stay on permanently? I was thinking they are just "see you home lights". If so, these can be disabled in the settings menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
          Are you sure they stay on permanently? I was thinking they are just "see you home lights". If so, these can be disabled in the settings menu.
          No, it’s all the time. As my welcome/guide me home lights go off as I’ve set them to...
          when they go off the drivers skde lights stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Could it be a relay packing up maybe? Is there anybody near you who could let you try theirs in yours?
            Ah ok I did wonder this, I just haven’t the foggiest what or where it is?
            Any help with that would be appreciated.
            Don’t mean to sound daft - I’m pretty handy until wires are involved...

Comment

May be the ignition switch. As you pull the key out it should click so to speak and turn everything off. Does the cigarette lighter keep working? I only suggest this cause it happened on my omega and the cigarette lighter would stay live and it turned out to be the switch.

Rather than remove the bulbs, it may be easier to remove the fuses.

Has it got auto lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                May be the ignition switch. As you pull the key out it should click so to speak and turn everything off. Does the cigarette lighter keep working? I only suggest this cause it happened on my omega and the cigarette lighter would stay live and it turned out to be the switch.

Rather than remove the bulbs, it may be easier to remove the fuses.

Has it got auto lights?
                Thanks for the reply,
                Yes auto lights, and there arnt any fuses in the location shown in the handbook. Which I believe is 24/25 in the boot box. I haven’t got a cigarette lighter. But i get the click, and everything else off, usb accessory stops charging etc.

I’m at a loss now haha

Comment

Im sure the fuses for the headlights are under the bonnet

Comment

Try pressing the hazard warning switch on off a few times to clean the contacts ��

Comment

well I figured that they where classed as sidelights. Which says they are 24/25 in the boot.
                      One thing I have noticed between pulling my hair out is that when the bulb is in, and I turn the lights on/off....
                      the bulb gets brighter when “on”
                      When I turn them off they all go off except the problem bulbs, which stay on, but they don’t glow as brightly.... as when the switch is set to on.
                      So they are drawing a low voltage from somewhere?
                      So something isn’t cutting The power properly?
                      Just snowballing ideas.
                      With them being “daytime running lights” and I use that term lightly. Is there a separate box or something that controls the side lights separately?
                      Thanks for all the input so far.
                      This doesn’t seem to be a common problem as I can’t find anyone with the same symptoms or problem

Comment

I can't help with its location but it is pointing toward a dodgy relay. That would be my next move. Find that and replace it. As I said in a previous post, try to find someone with the same car who is willing to let you try theirs.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Have you tried taking the drl bulb out of the holder and see if the other lights work ok , just wondering if the drl is fitted incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                            Have you tried taking the drl bulb out of the holder and see if the other lights work ok , just wondering if the drl is fitted incorrectly
                            I have to take the bulb out otherwise it drains battery, it doesn’t show any warnings on my dash that a light is missing/out either, no codes show up etc.

But yes, all other bulbs work fine as they should. It’s just the front and back drivers side lights

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              I can't help with its location but it is pointing toward a dodgy relay. That would be my next move. Find that and replace it. As I said in a previous post, try to find someone with the same car who is willing to let you try theirs.
                              Thanks man, I have already explored this option when you originally said about it. In fact I bought a replacement relay and fitted it to check as none of my friends are cool enough to drive Vauxhall .
                              Still nothing. Unfortunately.
                              Boiling my blood a bit now

Comment

Working...
                              X