Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new set of 8.5 x 18 alloys for sale

Hi

For those that read about my 'brake problem with an aftermarket wheel the supplier has resolved this by sending me a new set of wheels. At the moment I am undecided about these but accepting them meant that there was a resolution. My thoughts are should I just use a standard Vx wheel, either Sri or Elite.

These wheels can be found at:

1Form Alloy Wheels (Alloys) are one of the most popular high quality alloy wheel brands on the market today, suitable for cars and vans. Customisable wheel fitments and huge range of alloy colours.

and are the EDT.1 version in 8.5 x 18 with an ET of 35

The image below is one of them still in its box with the protective film, other boxes unopened.

So as part of my decision making process would anyone be interested in these.

The supplier charges £729 for these so I fell that £450 would be more than fair.

Should I decide to sell and someone wants them I shall be travelling from the Channel Tunnel terminal at Folkestone to Lincolnshire on Sunday 22 April and could deviate to a certain amount to deliver them.

Please note, I may remove some of the protective film on this wheel to place it on the car as part of my decision making process.

What is the differance between this set and the set that fouled on the brakes. I'm tempted, What area of Lincolnshire are you traveling to?

Comment

Hi

Well, I have decided that they are for sale - originally when planning on going from 19" to 18" was to only consider an 18" Vx wheel or the white AXE EX10 and no other after market wheel. Though, having seen these in the flesh was tempted but have now decided to go with the original plan and fit Vx wheels.

This is what the supplier wrote in an email to me:

'would a solution of an alternative set of brand new 18” alloy wheels, delivered to France, with far greater brake calliper clearance be a suitable solution for yourself?'

which was accepted by me on the basis of a resolution, the other part of the deal was that I keep the ones that fouled (with a 10mm spacer there would have been clearance but did not want to go that route - I ad originally asked for my money back....may well have fitted OK if my car had the smaller brake discs).

I also took one of the white wheels off, cleaned the wheel studs and brake disc (which was already clean as it is new) and slipped the opened wheel on. There was no fouling and the distance between the caliper and rim was very large such that there was no way of there being any fouling.

I am located in a small village on the coast called Sandilands which according to RAC route planner is 68 miles from Worksop. Alternatively, if you did want them I would be prepared to carry on the A1M to Worksop and deliver them.

If you want some more photos let me know.

Comment

Paul,did you not have the 19 Elite wheels originally on your car ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Isn't the Insignia ET41?
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Paul,did you not have the 19 Elite wheels originally on your car ?
            Yes they were

Comment

Hi Paul
              Think I'm going to give this a miss mainly due to lack of storage for the other set that I would be taking off but I don't think it will be long before you have sold them. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                Hi Paul
                Think I'm going to give this a miss mainly due to lack of storage for the other set that I would be taking off but I don't think it will be long before you have sold them. Thanks anyway.
                Hi, thanks for letting me know. If I have not sold them and you have a change of thought perfectly happy to go back to Lincolnshire via Worksop on the 22nd (means I miss the awful A16) so that you can have a look and perhaps try one on your car to see that they fit with no problems with no obligation on your part.

Comment

These are now on eBay:

Comment

Hi this might help anybody that is thinking of changing their wheels look up the year then model
                    then it gives sizes including ET Offsets

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                    Isn't the Insignia ET41?

Comment

This depends on if you have Pre Facelift, or Facelift, I cite this as Examples, https://sizemywheels.com/pcd/vauxhal...dti-a-facelift

Comment

Working...
                      X