Aircon not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon not working

My 15 plate Insignia’s Aircon is not working - only had the car for about 4 weeks! Has it on its lowest setting today and max fan but the air was not cold..... Also, switching it on and off I could see no difference in the revs of the car, in my previous car (X Trail) I could see the rev counter move a little when switching on the aircon. I checked the fuse (Number 31) and its OK, is there anything else I can check? I’m not that mechanically minded though..... I assume I can just book it into the main dealer since it is still in its 3 year warranty period and hopefully they wont get all shirty about my HID bulbs and say its out of warranty!

Originally posted by Blinky2134 View Post
    My 15 plate Insignia’s Aircon is not working - only had the car for about 4 weeks! Has it on its lowest setting today and max fan but the air was not cold..... Also, switching it on and off I could see no difference in the revs of the car, in my previous car (X Trail) I could see the rev counter move a little when switching on the aircon. I checked the fuse (Number 31) and its OK, is there anything else I can check? I’m not that mechanically minded though..... I assume I can just book it into the main dealer since it is still in its 3 year warranty period and hopefully they wont get all shirty about my HID bulbs and say its out of warranty!
    Most likely lost gas pressure which will shut it down. Could be damage to the condenser which will be costly as wont be a warranty repair. They do slowly lose gas anyway and generally need regassing every few years. Three years seems a little short for it to have lost enough to stop it working though!

Comment

Why would damage to the condenser not be covered under the warranty?

Comment

I also have a 15 plate. My aircon died in January. Booked in at main dealer and it needed a re-gas. If you don't use it regularly the seals dry out and the gas escapes. fixed at main dealer for under £30.
        2015 Sri VX Line Nav Biturbo in white. Heated Leather,Reversing camera,Sport Button,tour Button,Privacy glass,Voice,Tailgate light mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky2134 View Post
          Why would damage to the condenser not be covered under the warranty?
          Because it’s ‘damage’ such as from a stone. I speak from experience.

Comment

Working...
          X