Fuel cap locking pin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel cap locking pin problems

Hi I have a 61 plate insignia, I noticed today the locking pin isn’t sliding in and out to lock the fuel cap, it isn’t even there... is it common for them to snap or fall back on themselves?
    I’ve pulled back the boot lining and can’t find where it will be? Any help is appreciated

There should be a way to get to it from the boot

Comment

What happens if you open the fuel flap and lock the car? Does the solenoid for the pin actuate?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for the reply, there’s no way in from the boot, there’s a sheet of metal welded over it, is it possible it’s from the wheel arch?

Comment

Nope nothing slides in and out, there’s nothing through the pin hole which makes me wonder if the bracket holding the solenoid has broken

Comment

The locking solenoid is behind wheel arch liner, it's a common fault, I removed mine from the old Siggy.
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              What happens if you open the fuel flap and lock the car? Does the solenoid for the pin actuate?
              You have to push very hard to close it and it will trigger the "attempted theft alert" warning. Love Volvo's implementation of the lock: Just delay locking the fuel flap for about 10 minutes...

Comment

Working...
              X