Water Leak Through Boot onto parcel shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leak Through Boot onto parcel shelf

Just recently bought my Insignia CDTI Ecoflex 2013 (Facelift Saloon shape) and all is good so far except a small leak that runs from top/centre of the rear window and drops directly down onto the parcel shelf. If you can see the photo below, there's a small gap at the centre on the inside where the plastic meets just above the rear window. The water seems to be dropping down from there. Anyone had experience of this before or can suggest what I can do? Help and advice be much appreciated!

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]// Harwood[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][B]2013 CDTI Ecoflex Design 140[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Possible leak from around the ariel?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Could be one possible place

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
        https://youtu.be/LwfIDCAqOh8

Could be one possible place
        Thanks Ian, I had watched that video too. Do you know if the rubber boot seal once pulled off just pushes back on? A little weary of taking this off. Not sure the video is the same problem but following some of those steps might show up my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwood View Post
          Thanks Ian, I had watched that video too. Do you know if the rubber boot seal once pulled off just pushes back on? A little weary of taking this off. Not sure the video is the same problem but following some of those steps might show up my problem.
          I’m unsure as I have a tourer. I managed to get mine off without removing the seal. Although I did snap the plastic grommets that hold it in place.

I would imagine it would just push back on

Comment

I had exactly this problem; it was the rear washer jet sitting loose, and therefore not watertight to rain, in its hole. New jet sorted the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Joker 4885 View Post
              I had exactly this problem; it was the rear washer jet sitting loose, and therefore not watertight to rain, in its hole. New jet sorted the problem.
              Thank you for the info. How much did the repair cost it or did you fix on your own? (If so how easy and any helpful tips?).

Comment

Originally posted by Harwood View Post
                Thank you for the info. How much did the repair cost it or did you fix on your own? (If so how easy and any helpful tips?).
                New washer jet was about a fiver, if I recall, and it was a 5-10 minute job. Remove the old jet from the rubber washer pipe, not letting the pipe fall back into the cavity while you get the new jet ready, then push the pipe back onto the new jet (careful as the bit that sticks out on the bottom of the jet isn't the most robust and can snap easily) and then seat the new jet back into the hole in the roof. The jet has a kind of notch into which the edge of the hole in the roof sits firmly; the old jet had become loose and this allowed me to lift the jet practically out of the hole, which obviously let water get in past the seal.

Edited to add: got the new jet from eBay.
                Last edited by Rogue Joker 4885; 17-04-2018, 09:54 AM. Reason: Added a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Joker 4885 View Post
                  New washer jet was about a fiver, if I recall, and it was a 5-10 minute job. Remove the old jet from the rubber washer pipe, not letting the pipe fall back into the cavity while you get the new jet ready, then push the pipe back onto the new jet (careful as the bit that sticks out on the bottom of the jet isn't the most robust and can snap easily) and then seat the new jet back into the hole in the roof. The jet has a kind of notch into which the edge of the hole in the roof sits firmly; the old jet had become loose and this allowed me to lift the jet practically out of the hole, which obviously let water get in past the seal.

Edited to add: got the new jet from eBay.
                  Cheers for the detailed response. I'll see if I can maybe pick one up from a local dealer or Halfords at the weekend. Assuming you didn't have to remove any plastic trim and just removed it from the outside of the car? I'll go check during my dinner break to see if it's loose at all.

Comment

As a matter of interest, I changed my boot seal, and it's just a case of pushing the new one on. I only swapped mine because it was a little frayed (I think I did it fitting parking sensors). I still have the old seal, so if anyone wants it, collect from Cleethorpes, or I could post it. It is a perfect fit with no leaks.

Comment

Silicone around the washer jet seems to have sorted the problem! Thanks to those who've helped in the post :-)

Comment

did this get sorted having the same problem on my hatch havnt had a good look yet but leaving water droplets on center of parcel shelf about 3 inch from back seats

thought it might becoming from the trim on the boot where it joins in the center

Comment

Working...
                        X