Follow us on...
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on instagram
Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Street Racer crunch81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Car
    Insignia 1.6T 2010 A16LET
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    1.6 T A16LET Replacing Drive Shaft Asking Experiences

    Forum Key Rings
    Good day,

    My right hand drive shaft inner joint is bad.

    The stealers are charging 600 pounds for the repair and 1030 pounds for changing the whole drive shaft.
    No problemo, just search the internet and buy a replacement shaft and DIY! Not!
    I think I have a very special car because the parts are always very hard to find or like ten times more expensive then "other" siggies.
    I can find plenty new shafts for under 100 pounds for siggies with all the other engines.

    What the ... is so special about my car? And is there somebody here that also had this problem? Off course the story I get with the stealers: "never heard of an Insignia with this problem" and "inner joints on Insignia never go bad" and "first time I see a insignia with an bad inner joint", I always get these responses with think which are wrong with my car.

    Thank to the people replying!!

  2. #2
    Learner Driver umfaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year is your car.

  3. #3
    Street Racer crunch81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Car
    Insignia 1.6T 2010 A16LET
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Year 2010

  4. #4
    Learner Driver umfaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ww.jandrcvjoints.co.uk UK ‎0121 770 5636........Contact this Manufacturer , they would probably be able to help ...............as they manufacture for most cars and you might find yours is used in another model possibly . Good Luck.

  5. Likes 0011728, crunch81 liked
  6. #5
    Street Racer crunch81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Car
    Insignia 1.6T 2010 A16LET
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

  7. #6
    Car Enthusiast buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Galway, Ireland
    Car
    July 2012 Vauxhall BiTurbo Import from UK
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crunch81 View Post
    Good day,

    My right hand drive shaft inner joint is bad.

    The stealers are charging 600 pounds for the repair and 1030 pounds for changing the whole drive shaft.
    No problemo, just search the internet and buy a replacement shaft and DIY! Not!
    I think I have a very special car because the parts are always very hard to find or like ten times more expensive then "other" siggies.
    I can find plenty new shafts for under 100 pounds for siggies with all the other engines.

    What the ... is so special about my car? And is there somebody here that also had this problem? Off course the story I get with the stealers: "never heard of an Insignia with this problem" and "inner joints on Insignia never go bad" and "first time I see a insignia with an bad inner joint", I always get these responses with think which are wrong with my car.

    Thank to the people replying!!
    You're not the only one. Inner joint on nearside is shot, as is inner joint on off side, as is outer joint on off side. And I've got the same story from the dealers - never heard of that! Mind you I'm on 150k but never had to change drive shafts on any other car I've had even with bigger mileage.

  8. Likes crunch81 liked
  9. #7
    Car Enthusiast buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Galway, Ireland
    Car
    July 2012 Vauxhall BiTurbo Import from UK
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A14Net shares the running gear? This may open up options less than £100

  10. #8
    Street Racer crunch81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Car
    Insignia 1.6T 2010 A16LET
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    A14Net shares the running gear? This may open up options less than £100
    Thatís correct, there are two other engine models which fit the same part but when I search I do it with OEM number of the part and not with engine/car type.

  11. #9
    Street Racer crunch81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Car
    Insignia 1.6T 2010 A16LET
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    You're not the only one. Inner joint on nearside is shot, as is inner joint on off side, as is outer joint on off side. And I've got the same story from the dealers - never heard of that! Mind you I'm on 150k but never had to change drive shafts on any other car I've had even with bigger mileage.
    Did you already got it replaced or still driving with it like me?

  12. #10
    Racing Driver

    sriray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Posts
    5,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your car is quite common over there, you should find parts easily.
    Over here is rare.

    But hope you get sorted it soon.

    OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cam Shaft Support Bearing
    By DeaniFLHT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 08:20 PM
  2. Crank Shaft Positioning Sensor
    By Doomy in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-09-2017, 11:10 PM
  3. Fuel Filter A16LET Petrol
    By crunch81 in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-04-2017, 06:39 AM
  4. Dealership Experiences
    By bransoj in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 04:18 AM
  5. Drive shaft
    By 0011728 in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions