speaker upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker upgrade

hi looking to do a speaker upgrade on my 2014 sig I think I have the nav 900 do I need to fit an amp and what speakers do I need ? can I just change the speakers for replacements if so which are the best to fit directly

You'll need adaptor rings for the front speakers, which are available at all decent audio outlets, I got 4 through ebay cheaply......but, the rears you either have to cut the cowl away on the inside of the rear door card as I did (You cant see it from the front so don't worry) or you'll have to mount the speakers flush to the door, as there isn't the room for the adaptors but you'll need some deadening on first if you do otherwise they'll resonate.

I fitted Kenwood speakers as I rate kenwood and they were a bargain....the sound was massively improved too.

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
      You'll need adaptor rings for the front speakers, which are available at all decent audio outlets, I got 4 through ebay cheaply......but, the rears you either have to cut the cowl away on the inside of the rear door card as I did (You cant see it from the front so don't worry) or you'll have to mount the speakers flush to the door, as there isn't the room for the adaptors but you'll need some deadening on first if you do otherwise they'll resonate.

I fitted Kenwood speakers as I rate kenwood and they were a bargain....the sound was massively improved too.
      that's great thankyou do you know what size I need and what sort of wattage please

Comment

All 6.5" front and rear and the wattage is upto you, although you'll never over-drive them with the standard system.

I'd steer clear of the cheaper end of the speaker market with the dual cone arrangement....they will probably sound better than standard but not worth the hassle.

Here's some examples (Other retailers are available )

Looking for amazing Car audio Speakers and Subwoofers? car Audio Direct stock and supply speakers from the leading brands such as Alpine, Sony, Pioneer and Kenwood.

Comment

that's great thankyou

Comment

Keep us updated to what you get sorted with Dave.

Comment

how many Watts should i max use without to add any amplificator ? do don't make any damage to standar player

Comment

Working...
              X