Service vehicle soon - turbo issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon - turbo issue

I had the service vehicle soon message pinging up for a few weeks. Even though the car ran perfectly I booked it in for a diagnostic check at vauxhall. I expected it to be a glow plug issue as this seems a common fault but it turned out to be a boost sensor or switch on the turbo. It appears the sensor is built in to the turbo at manufacture and cannot be replaced so I have a new turbo on order. Fortunately it is covered by the warranty I got as part of the deal when I bought the car so I'm not complaining. Another bonus is that my insignia is approaching 60,000 miles so was probably due a turbo anyway. Not my usual luck I can assure you.

Nice one..at least it’s getting sorted at no cost.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire pud View Post
      I had the service vehicle soon message pinging up for a few weeks. Even though the car ran perfectly I booked it in for a diagnostic check at vauxhall. I expected it to be a glow plug issue as this seems a common fault but it turned out to be a boost sensor or switch on the turbo. It appears the sensor is built in to the turbo at manufacture and cannot be replaced so I have a new turbo on order. Fortunately it is covered by the warranty I got as part of the deal when I bought the car so I'm not complaining. Another bonus is that my insignia is approaching 60,000 miles so was probably due a turbo anyway. Not my usual luck I can assure you.
      Replace an turbo each 60.000? What are you doing with your car? I never had to replace a turbo, even on my Astra which had 200.000 miles on it...

Comment

Putting my carbon foot down ! ! !.

Comment

as far as i know there's no switches or sensors on the turbo
          the boost is measured at the manifold, and the variable vanes is controlled by the boost solenoid valve at the front
          either way let warranty fix it

Comment

Yep, I'll take your word for that.. I spoke to a receptionist not a technician so that was all the info they gave me. Either way , a new turbo is not something to be turned down. Just waiting to a fitting date.

Comment

Turbo fitted, problem solved.

Comment

My insignia does a flutter noise and if I put my foot down it shows service vehicle soon and looses power I have replaced boost count valve, boost pipe plastic and rubber new eye valve I am at a Los atm

Comment

Might pay you to start a new post rather than tag onto an old thread----lots of good info on here from some good people-----Dave

Comment

Hi mate I don't know how to

Comment

Just put it in the engine/drive train etc section----or in the general chat section and someone in admin will move it---if you look in the thread where you first posted and look at the original post you will see the heading for the section its in----Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X