Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facelift rear footwell mat locator removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift rear footwell mat locator removal?

As title, how do the mat locators come out of the rear foot wells?

I assumed they just screwed into the carpet but they just seem to keep turning and not coming out?

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
    As title, how do the mat locators come out of the rear foot wells?

(Can a mod edit the thread title please too)
    Sorted.
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

OK so I cant get these out....does anyone have the part numbers for the clips that go into the mats?

I'm going to have to cut holes in my mats and fit them!!!

Comment

I have ordered mat locators but not fitted them yet and don't know how far apart they should be, as i want to able to fit genuine mats in near future, atm i have third-party mats with no hole and have the clips to fit in them but i want it to be same location as the genuine ones

Comment

I've just found out the mat clips are 2 parts....one part sits under the carpet and the bit you see clips onto that, so they were never going to just screw out....

Still having problems finding the part numbers for the parts for the mats.

Comment

Have a look at these ��

Comment

Actually these are better and UK not China based

Comment

Thanks Lff, much appreciated.....although I'd rather have genuine Vauxhall parts as I'm concerned about the compatibility.

Comment

I have used them with no problems and £2.79 for 4 delivered is going to be a lot cheaper than gen VX

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                    I have used them with no problems and £2.79 for 4 delivered is going to be a lot cheaper than gen VX
                    So they clip tightly to the existing locators ok?....just if there is even a mm of discrepancy they'll unclip.

Comment

I've ordered the ones from ebay.....i'm going to have to be brave cutting holes in my mats!

Comment

You will be fine ,
                        I think I put some masking tape on the back of the mat ,used a marker pen on top of the floor pin quickly place the mat over the pin and this gives the position for the hole you need to cut out as the marker pen will have left a mark on the tape .

Comment

Well I pretty much destroyed my rear mats

I placed the Vauxhall mats over my own mats and made a mark but something didn't work and I ended up making the holes in the wrong places.....then as I tried to adjust the hole spacing, I made them too big so I had to glue the clips onto the mat........it has held, but i have to be careful taking them out as i can lift the mats off the clips.

Luckily not many people sit in the back of my car so they should be ok, if they start giving me problems i'll have to see if the company can make me a pair of rear mats with the clips in.

Comment

Bugger sorry to hear that ��
                            Could you not maybe cut a reinforcing plate , maybe something plastic or stiff thin cardboard x4 cut the hole for the clip glue the plates to the back of the mat . That way the clips will work ok and with the plates they won’t pull through the mats

Comment

Working...
                            X