Insignia A-16t Turbo Noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia A-16t Turbo Noise.

Should my Turbo give a slight blow off noise when I release the accelerator pedal when changing gear,only heard it tonight with window open.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Originally posted by Howy View Post
    Should my Turbo give a slight blow off noise when I release the accelerator pedal when changing gear,only heard it tonight with window open.
    Not noticed it on mine before. But I have a cone air filter now so can't test it.

Comment

It should be a bonus hearing the noise

Comment

I had it on my A16LET and had to replace the turbo. This valve is not exchangeable on my engine. Which engine do you have.

Comment

Insignia A-16t Turbo Noise.

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          It should be a bonus hearing the noise
          Haha! It is not the turkey sound

It is (on mine) not the noise you want a turbo to make. It was very irritating when I let go the gas pedal everytime like a small child whistling under my hood. I found it so irritating that changing turbo was the only solution. People were starring at me when they heard the whistle every time I let go of the gas.

Comment

The op has the same engine as us a16let

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
              I had it on my A16LET and had to replace the turbo. This valve is not exchangeable on my engine. Which engine do you have.
              Bet that was expensive. But was it affecting the performance at all.

Comment

No not at all, I could drive it without problems they said and the sound did not got worser overtime. It was like €1100.

Comment

As said A16LET.It's more of a 'pisst' noise but not losing any power and the Siggy seems happy enough,may have a look at the hoses w/end especially the smaller ones just incase.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                    As said A16LET.It's more of a 'pisst' noise but not losing any power and the Siggy seems happy enough,may have a look at the hoses w/end especially the smaller ones just incase.
                    I wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X