Water in boot, and drivers side rear passenger footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in boot, and drivers side rear passenger footwell

I discovered loads of water in the passenger footwell behind the driver. So looked in the boot and there was water in there too. Its taken me 2 hours today to clean it all, ring it all out and find the leak which I can safely say was caused my myself when I removed my driver side rear light cluster. There should be a seal at the top of the cluster where a locating pin stick in, but I don't have one, I must have accidently lost it when I replaced my reversing lights a long time back. But just realised the leak recently. I have photos to show you too as I need to know the stores number for the rubber seal.

The rubber seal should be in the hole on the top right of the photo below:

As you can see there is one in this side:

I poured water down the drivers side of the boot and it had a slow drip dropping onto the ventilation exhaust flap. So took the drivers cluster off and poured a bit of water down the hole and it pissed into the boot, you can see the droplets on the photo below:

I would be very grateful if someone can find me the stores number for the seal/gromit which the pin on the light cluster goes into.

Many thanks

Sorry the photos are huge!!!

Michael

Have a read,hth.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks but he just talks about putting silicone around them, I have one missing haha, so need the number so I car order one.

Comment

SEAL,REAR LAMP,ROUND

Maybe these
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Maybe number 11?
          Do not know for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
            SEAL,REAR LAMP,ROUND

Maybe these
            Thanks tried looking for them but nothing came back. Thanks though, think i'm just going to pop down to a scrap yard over the weekend.

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
            Maybe number 11?
            Do not know for sure

I think they're all to do with the light cluster. The grommet is on body of the car. Like I said above i think i'm just going to go to a scrap yard.

I might bodge it and put a O-Seal on for a temp fix haha.

Comment

I think I may have found it:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 3 X GM 13320837 Tail Lamp Rear Assembly Rubber Retainer Vauxhall Buick Chevrolet at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Only took me 2 days to find it!!!

Thanks for everyone's help though.

I'll reply back letting you know if it is correct.

Comment

I'll be picking this up tomorrow from the Dealership, costing a massive £1.50.

I emailed them last night with the part number, they left a voicemail today on my phone and they said, they've ordered it and it will arrive in about an hour.

Where are they getting it from!!!

Comment

Well I got this from the dealership and it's the correct part. I now have a leak free boot.

Comment

Working...
                  X