Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL Faults and Codes / heated seat woes

Hello all.

Used to have a Cavalier (from new) back in the 90's. What a great car. Did try a Vectra 2.5 Sri for a short while, but recently decided to return back to Vauxhall and bought a 102000 (11 plate) Insignia Sports Tourer Elite Auto NAV. After having several Audi and BMW in the intervening years I have to admit the build quality, trim and a complete lack of rattles has really been a pleasant surprise. The car is far better than the 'reviews' suggest. I tried to research any faults, chose an Auto to avoid DMF issues and the car was free from any warning lights etc when purchased.

However, on the downside after only owning the car for a week I have noted a couple of faults and would welcome any advice on fixing. (Please forgive me if these have been covered in detail before).

1.Service AFL has appeared on disc=play along with warning light. I have taken the car to our local Vauxhall dealer who have cleared all codes, checked all connections and updated software but without success. The two outstanding fault codes are B2590 04 and B2595 04. Which are open circuit on the cornering lights. The dealer doubts that two headlights have failed at the same time and is suggesting replacing each afl lighting component until they randomly hit success, starting with Ballast units. Has anyone any experience of what two identical faults (on different lights) might indicate.

2.Drivers electri heated seat turns off after about 30 seconds. I know the 09 and 10 Insignia had wiring that was too short, but I thought this was resolved by 2011. Vauxhall dealer has suggested I replace the seat control unit and if that does not work move on to the seat mat replacement. Any advice more than welcome.

Do the cornering bulbs work?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Do the cornering bulbs work?
      On start up the Xenons do there little dance and no warning lights are on. However, as soon as you turn the steering wheel the fault warning light comes on and everything goes to default setting. At no point do the halogen 'kerb' bulbs illuminate. Does this help?

Comment

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Try changing the cornering bulbs, seem to remember they can be the cause of AFL errors, if bulbs are blown
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi,

Hope you get the issues sorted....Get some pictures of your Insignia on when you get the time.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Hi,

Hope you get the issues sorted....Get some pictures of your Insignia on when you get the time.
              I will try to get a bulb out to look closely at it. I wondered if the steering angle sensor might be at fault, but it seems such a complicated item that it could be one of many items.

Photos will be taken on a sunny day, so don't hold your breath.

Comment

The cornering bulbs are very fiddley to get out especially if you have big hands like me .

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                  The cornering bulbs are very fiddley to get out especially if you have big hands like me .
                  With this afl I feel like big hands and small brain. Would a blown bulb cause the open circuit code?

Comment

Blown bulb filament= open circuit

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      Blown bulb filament= open circuit
                      In fairness that does make sense. I will try it this weekend. Not too sure what I paid £150 to the dealer for?

Comment

Welcome to the forum buddy

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome. Going to try swapping cornering bulb today.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzy-walker View Post
                            Thank you all for the welcome. Going to try swapping cornering bulb today.
                            Ok, update time. Changed the cornering bulbs today. H11 55w bulbs. Hooray it worked. The advice received on this forum has been brilliant. My tip when changing the bulb is to find an imperial 13/16 spanner as it is a perfect size to start turning the bulb, finally removing with fingers.

Now its time for a visit to get my £150 back. Cannot believe that the Main Dealer did not check the bulbs before carrying out full diagnostics and software updates.

I appreciate that you can't tell if the bulb has blown without removing it, but I thought they were the experts, Ho Hum.

Back to loving the car again, I gave it a kiss earlier when the bulb fix worked. So glad that I didn't give the dealer £2000 to fit two new lights.

Any ideas regarding my non working heated seat?

Comment

I think exclusiv. Deserves a kiss too. Though I've seen him in person...he isn't a pretty sight!

Glad you got it sorted! Let us know how you get on with your dealers re money.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X