Grand Sport + Bose Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport + Bose Upgrade

I'm considering buying a new Insignia (have an old one which I think is great but the new one sounds even better!).

The model I want has the Bose upgrade. Unlike the older Insignias Vauxhall have fitted the extra boot kit in the spare wheel well (!) and I also want a spare wheel.

If anyone has a Grand Sport with the Bose option can they post a picture of the boot installation as I'm wondering if I can move it out of the wheel well, and use the boot floor risers from the older Insignias.

Any other thoughts on solving this problem welcome.

Originally posted by Mikab View Post
    I'm considering buying a new Insignia (have an old one which I think is great but the new one sounds even better!).

The model I want has the Bose upgrade. Unlike the older Insignias Vauxhall have fitted the extra boot kit in the spare wheel well (!) and I also want a spare wheel.

If anyone has a Grand Sport with the Bose option can they post a picture of the boot installation as I'm wondering if I can move it out of the wheel well, and use the boot floor risers from the older Insignias.

I'll see if I can get you a picture by tonight!

Comment

Let me know if you want any more pictures, not sure if this is good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKnight_RS View Post

Let me know if you want any more pictures, not sure if this is good enough!
        Just like some other cars the sub is in the spare wheel well. Not sure why they want to do that rather it being on the side.

Comment

Thanks, the photos are a great help. I presume they fitted the sub in the wheel well so they could quote a bigger boot space!

Looking at it there seems the possibility of putting a 20" wheel over the top although the cable may be a problem. A couple more questions if I may:

1) Can you measure the diameter of the sub.
          2) Do the fillers round the sub just lift out or is the sub mounted on top of it.
          3) How deep is the well

I've assumed that the sub is round all the way down and doesn't have anything sticking out I can't see. And it is held in by the centre bolt only.

Hope this isn't too much trouble.

Comment

Thanks, the photos are a great help. I presume they fitted the sub in the wheel well so they could quote a bigger boot space!

Looking at it there seems the possibility of putting a 20" wheel over the top although the cable may be a problem. A couple more questions if I may:

1) Can you measure the diameter of the sub.
            2) Do the fillers round the sub just lift out or is the sub mounted on top of it.
            3) How deep is the well

I've assumed that the sub is round all the way down and doesn't have anything sticking out I can't see. And it is held in by the centre bolt only.

Hope this isn't too much trouble.
            No trouble at all, kind of like having an excuse to stare at the car
            I'll see what I can do!

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I no longer need the info.
              I found a dealer with a showroom model fitted with the Bose kit and did some measuring. The result is a no go.
              For anyone who is considering buying an Elite Nav 2L turbo petrol 4x4 and wants a spare wheel this is what IÂ’ve found;
              1) the standard 17” space saver won’t fit on the car as this model has uprated Brembo brakes which are physically bigger so the wheel won’t go on. The wheel stud spacings are special to this car so no one else makes a bigger space saver wheel that will fit.
              2) a full sized wheel will not fit into the wheel well (it did on the earlier Insignia) as the wheel well diameter is smaller.
              3) the spare wheel will only fit upright against the side of the boot in the Sports Tourer.
              So if you want a Grand Sport then the full sized spare will have to sit on the floor of the boot which is why I wonÂ’t be buying one.
              Last edited by Mikab; 26-04-2018, 05:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Who else thought there was a fried egg to the right of the sub??

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                  Yeah I did. But thought each to their own

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                    Yeah I thought that!

If you get stuck, I'll swap you my space saver for your Bose system.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

hiii..i have one question please anyone if you can help..
                      i have insignia grand sport 2019 with 7 inch screen and without bose sound system..i want to upgrade to bose sound system..any big problems should i face with this installation ??
                      i think the replacement of speaker will be easy..the problem will be for installing the subwoofer and amplifier..
                      am i right or all is simple just plug and play ??
                      thanks..
                      2019 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Dark Moon Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Chicco View Post
                        hiii..i have one question please anyone if you can help..
                        i have insignia grand sport 2019 with 7 inch screen and without bose sound system..i want to upgrade to bose sound system..any big problems should i face with this installation ??
                        i think the replacement of speaker will be easy..the problem will be for installing the subwoofer and amplifier..
                        am i right or all is simple just plug and play ??
                        thanks..
                        Would like to know as well?

Comment

Working...
                        X