Possible warped disc and a dash full of fault codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible warped disc and a dash full of fault codes

Right so here goes. There was a god awful noise coming from the of wheel today, took the wheel off and the disc is warped so no biggie there will get new discs and pads. Spoke to a colleague who gave me the idea to try to spin the discs up with the car on stands and see if the warped disc can wear away a bit more pad meat so it won't squeal as much.

Turns out the car Realy didnt like that.

Service esp, parking brake and afl light warnings are all now on and the hand brake just won't function.

I've disconnected the battery and am leaving it for about 30mins to see if that will clear the codes. If it doesn't anyone got any ideas apart from take it to a garage?

So I've just reconnected the battery and my heart dropped at the site of all the fault lights. Took her for a spin round the block, all light have gone off and parking brake works again and the squeak seems to have fixed itself aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
      So I've just reconnected the battery and my heart dropped at the site of all the fault lights. Took her for a spin round the block, all light have gone off and parking brake works again and the squeak seems to have fixed itself aswell
      That’s lucky. Some times the battery plays havoc and shows up loads of fault codes. Glad it seems to have sorted it self. Poxy gremlins.
      sigpic

Comment

The only real pain in the arse was that when you disconnect the battery you have to open and close all of the windows in sequence so the ecu can learn the positions again

Comment

What's happened is when you've had the car on the stand, started it and stuck in gear to allow the wheel to spin is the system picked up a fault as it was only getting a reading from 1 wheel,
          When you take it for a drive it goes back to normal as all sensors are reading again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
            What's happened is when you've had the car on the stand, started it and stuck in gear to allow the wheel to spin is the system picked up a fault as it was only getting a reading from 1 wheel,
            When you take it for a drive it goes back to normal as all sensors are reading again.
            Agree with this, my red one had a bit of a fit last year for less than quarter of a mile,,it had just had it's MOT,and all 4 wheels were off the ground and spun seperately. For a few seconds the stop start kicked in,cut out,started again,few hundred yards later it was fine
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
            X