After market air filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market air filter.

I'm just wondering if anyone has fitted a K&n air filter to their cdti insignia.

I'm not looking for boy racer add
    Ons, I'm was thinking of add extra colder air to benefit the engine .

Im thinking of adding one to mine. Would be interesting to find out the difference if any it makes

Comment

Its all metered, measured,weighed and analysed these days.I'd say no improvement will be got. ECU takes care of that.

Comment

Would the air be colder though.

Comment

The turbo and inter cooler will negate any possible gains I'd say. Charge air goes from something like 220C from turbo to 50C after passing through inter cooler, any possible little gains will be quickly lost by the turbocharging process..

Comment

Not K&N related but just my views....

I fitted a Ramair cone to my old CDTi a while a go....it sounded terrible so removed it.

I'm running a Pipercross panel filter in my new one....whether or not it makes a difference I'm not sure but hey ho

Comment

Does it sound OK,

Comment

Can't go wrong by fitting a new OEM one.

Comment

That won't improve anything though will it ?

Comment

The paper one is better.
                    Unless you have a petrol and want a cone filter for noise then go for it but for improvement gains don't bother and you get less mpg unless fully heatshield.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      The paper one is better.
                      Unless you have a petrol and want a cone filter for noise then go for it but for improvement gains don't bother and you get less mpg unless fully heatshield.

Not looking for noise, I was just thinking of efficiency

Comment

Comment

That's fine, kind of new they don't make difference performance wise , especially with pod/cone filter under bonnet because of the heat.
                          I was only thinking really about cold air feed for more efficient burn.
                          As said it goes through turbo and get hot then intercooler to cool back down.
                          So theoretically it's all about the intercooler.

Comment

Working...
                          X