oil service life left %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil service life left %

Well car was serviced by Vauxhall dealer back in Nov (2017) it then sat on there forecourt for sale until February, the oil service life left then showed 52% its now showing 42% and has done less than 850 mile most of which being on motorway, Is the system of the type that also counts weeks/months as well as miles done thus would say oil life exceeded even if the car does not turn a wheel?

I have had my ecoflex for 2 and half years now, when i got it the oil etc was changed and the % reset to 100. during that time i have probably done 12k miles in my car short journeys and my oil percentage is now on 38%. Yes you have read this right i have not changed my oil in all that time the car runs sweet as a nut and i have had no issues with it other than a bloody puncture and changing the boost valve and battery.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      Well car was serviced by Vauxhall dealer back in Nov (2017) it then sat on there forecourt for sale until February, the oil service life left then showed 52% its now showing 42% and has done less than 850 mile most of which being on motorway, Is the system of the type that also counts weeks/months as well as miles done thus would say oil life exceeded even if the car does not turn a wheel?
      I think it's a countdown to next service rather than oil quantity/quality. Obviously you still have to check every so often.

Comment

As Lewish says it counts down 12 months till your next service. If you parked your car up for 6 months after an oil change when you came back it would say 50%
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
          As Lewish says it counts down 12 months till your next service. If you parked your car up for 6 months after an oil change when you came back it would say 50%
          how do you guys explain my 2 and a half years then? i have not serviced my car at all other than when it was bought.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            how do you guys explain my 2 and a half years then? i have not serviced my car at all other than when it was bought.
            Is it possible that its a feature that can be switched off, how old is your car?

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              Is it possible that its a feature that can be switched off, how old is your car?
              Bear in mind it's a Vauxhall....it's probably Fooked
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Worth a read

Changing your car's oil is messy and inconvenient when you do it yourself. A quick-lube shop makes the process slightly less difficult, but wouldn't it be great to prevent all unnecessary oil changes?

Comment

From my experience the counter will reach 0% in 12 months unless mileage triggers it earlier. I.E. the counter will reduce according to days since service reset unless mileage use dictates otherwise.

Comment

My oil % went down quicker than 12 months in my 09 plate....I assume it's because I do a lot of cold short runs.

My 14 plate is down to 34% I think and it's due a service in June as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                      I.E.
                      Please refrain from using dirty words on the forum.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                      X