Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO: Repair Device not booting! 10.4 Tesla Android Aftermarket Unit (RECOVERY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: Repair Device not booting! 10.4 Tesla Android Aftermarket Unit (RECOVERY)

-No longer booting?
    -Boot loop? (Booting, shutting down)

Way to resolve the issue

What you need:

-USB stick not bigger then 4 GB
    -Windows PC
    -Update 2.8 (the newest) Download link below.

Preperations:

-Download 2.8 through the link below.
    -Format your USB stick to FAT32
    -Unzip all files from the update and put all the files on the USB Stick.

What to do:

-Disconnect Battery of your car.
    -Put your USB stick in the USB port of your unit.
    -Connect battery terminal on your car.
    -Put your car on ACC/ACCESSORY

If everything goes well, the system will now begin the update process.

Download Update 2.8:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Good luck.

Doesnt sound good, so have you fixed your device without getting replacement board?

It doesn't sound good putting the car in ignition and then reconnect battery.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Doesnt sound good, so have you fixed your device without getting replacement board?

It doesn't sound good putting the car in ignition and then reconnect battery.
      Yes it is fixed now, after a sweaty weekend.

I can not find the right word for it in English, please help me: when you turn the key once, it is called???

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post

I can not find the right word for it in English, please help me: when you turn the key once, it is called???
        Do you mean accessory?

Comment

Thanks Lewish,

That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

sriray

Changed it in the first topic.

Comment

Thanks Lewish,

That’s exactly what I was looking for.
              No problemo

Comment

Thats good is fixed. Bet your trousers were bit brown .

You shouldn't need to switch to accessory before you reconnect the battery. You can do that afterwards.
                You just need the autoupdate file on the usb then it will kick in once in accessory mode.

Comment

HOW TO: Repair Device not booting! 10.4 Tesla Android Aftermarket Unit (RECOVERY)

Thats good is fixed. Bet your trousers were bit brown .

You shouldn't need to switch to accessory before you reconnect the battery. You can do that afterwards.
                  You just need the autoupdate file on the usb then it will kick in once in accessory mode.
                  Yes, it was in a boot loop after disabling a service. It went to desktop for a second and then rebooted again so you can imagine what I thought at that moment.

About the acc/accessory mode:
                  This is exactly the way I did it and I know it worked. Me myself see no harm putting a car on accessory mode and connect the battery. But no problem to switch them I thing, it’s changed.

Comment

So in theory the unit was at a unstable state which put in a boot loop. Using the firmware file would fix it.

But a bricked unit prob won't work with the firmware file

Comment

So in theory the unit was at a unstable state which put in a boot loop. Using the firmware file would fix it.

But a bricked unit prob won't work with the firmware file
                      And why wouldn’t it?

Comment

And why wouldn’t it?
                        The internal files are corrupted and not recognise usb firmware files or recognise usb port.

Comment

The internal files are corrupted and not recognise usb firmware files or recognise usb port.
                          This procedure is some kind of recovery mode: first check if there is USB, if so, start flash. I almost know for sure this is a separate partition which handles this, which has nothing to do with the OS boot itself. And also: you can have different opinions about the word “brick”, if we had a normal recovery mode like a android phone and you have a really bricked phone then there is no software to get it back to life.

Comment

But I think you know what is meant with brick btw. You have a problem with the unit if it does not start, looks to me great way to try this. And yes, if it does not work for some people, it is a possibility.

Comment

Yes people use the word brick differently. I personally wouldn't call it brick unless it just completely blank screen with no rescue attempts working.

Comment

Working...
                              X