I bought some susposed new bodykit for my insignia fiberglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought some susposed new bodykit for my insignia fiberglass

I got them at cheap price £70 he said there's no damage and just needs sanding and painting

So I got it home after 300 miles round trip
    And sanded down it down a little but noticed a few cracks

I know it can be repaired
    How do I repair it myself

Plus my fog lights are long standard insignia can they be replaced by led striplights

Did you get these from Scunthorpe ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I don't think you'd be able to fit fog lights mate... doesn't look as if they're any mounting points for the fogs.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Did you get these from Scunthorpe ?
        From redcar near Middlesbrough
        I'm from Leicester long trip

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I don't think you'd be able to fit fog lights mate... doesn't look as if they're any mounting points for the fogs.
          Thinking of led striplights bendable one's if possible to wire in

Comment

Sure these originally were for sale in Scunthorpe as I made enquiries about the front one,but he wouldn't sell separately,,they are copies,not genuine vx ,,they'll repair with a bit of work,just hope they fit as good as vx bumpers
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
              Thinking of led striplights bendable one's if possible to wire in
              You can get the proper ones to fit in the slit from AliExpress

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                You can get the proper ones to fit in the slit from AliExpress

Comment

How do I fix them ?
                  Fiberglass filler ?

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
                    How do I fix them ?
                    Fiberglass filler ?
                    That's what I would use mate

Comment

Interested to see what these look like when you have them all sorted and on the car.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                        Interested to see what these look like when you have them all sorted and on the car.
                        I am too
                        Hoping look like these in photo

Comment

Those need a bit of work I'd be trial fitting them to see how they fit before putting any effort into getting ready to paint.
                          Would be worth also speaking to a local body shop they'll give you some pointers.

Comment

For the money they were a bargain but look like they'll need work to get fitted properly. Are all the mountings for the other bits fitted, like the lip for the wheel arch liner? And being fiberglass, for example the fixing lip to the front wing will be very brittle. I'd say you have a job on your hands but with the potential to be a right bargain. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              For the money they were a bargain but look like they'll need work to get fitted properly. Are all the mountings for the other bits fitted, like the lip for the wheel arch liner? And being fiberglass, for example the fixing lip to the front wing will be very brittle. I'd say you have a job on your hands but with the potential to be a right bargain. Good luck.
                              After these comments I will let a bodywork repair guy do it I will look around for prices

Then I'll sell my original bumpers

Comment

Working...
                              X