Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas why my CDTi Hatchback tailgate will not open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas why my CDTi Hatchback tailgate will not open?

My tailgate sometimes will not open, despite repeated attempts at locking and unlocking the car. Often this will last most of the day, then, more often than not, it will open normally first thing the next morning – then refuse to open again later in the day. When it first happened, I went straight to the fuse (in the passenger glove box) which of course was fine. When this happens, there is no sound from the operating button. I have tried banging around the area, but to no avail.
    With my very limited knowledge of electrics, could the mechanism have a faulty solenoid - or might it be something else? And is this a common problem? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds very much like your boot switch is on the way out.
    It's a common fault and an easy enough fix.

Comment

Yep switch can suffer from water ingress. There is a 'repair kit' available from Vauxhall with just the switch with wiring tails and a bit of heat shrink. Think about £12. I did mine for my ST a while back. Not sure if the repair kit is applicable to hatch. Before the repair kit you had to buy the switch with the wiring for the number plate lights attached too. Part no: 13266400 for the hatch, unless its superseded.

Comment

Thanks for that Buttons and Mr Wullie. That info led me to finding this Youtube link elsewhere on the forum, which explains it all!
        I thought I'd copy it here for the benefit of others. I've now ordered a new switch and hope it does the trick!

Cheers,
        Barry.

Comment

Working...
        X