Rear wash wiper in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wash wiper in general

Been reading alot of threads on a facebook insignia group where quite a few of the members have removed the rear wash wiper and plugged the hole with a matching bung. Now my rear wiper blade is in need of
    repair, which got me to thinking shall i just remove the bloody thing. Are there any benefits to removing it? what about the actual motor and electrics do you leave them in place?

i do use my rear wiper on damp mornings so am not sure of the benefits if i remove it maybe make that area easy to clean is all i can really see. Next thing i am wondering is if i leave it is there a mod to make the water nozzle rather more efficient than it is now? the water dribbles out like piss from a puppy where as the front you get a nice fan of water across the screen that works.............

cheers

What's wrong with the rear wiper?
    Is it just the blade that needs changing or full arm?
    If you want to remove it then you'll need to remove the motor as it protrudes through the rear screen and then bung the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
      What's wrong with the rear wiper?
      Is it just the blade that needs changing or full arm?
      If you want to remove it then you'll need to remove the motor as it protrudes through the rear screen and then bung the hole.
      just a new blade is all it needs

Comment

Remember someone a while back removing their rear wipe,never really got why.
        is the nozzle clear of any grim?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
          just a new blade is all it needs
          Pop to eurocarparts it's about £6 for a replacement.

Just got one for mine at the weekend.

Comment

I've never understood why people remove them. I use mine quite a lot. Especially in winter when there's a heavy dew. Removing stuff from a car like that to me makes the car look like a base model.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
            X