No announcement yet.

CD500 Navi firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded that image burn but tbh I haven’t the foggiest what im doing on it!!!

How do i get the dnl folder onto the disc?

Comment

Which theme pack/software are you putting back on.
      Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      Downloaded that image burn but tbh I haven’t the foggiest what im doing on it!!!

How do i get the dnl folder onto the disc?

Comment

Here you go.

Write files/folders to disc

Select the folder (go to where my mouse cursor is)

Change to the Device Tab and set new speed to 1x, it will then default to the lowest speed for the CD drive which probably is 4x

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Which theme pack/software are you putting back on.
          I will try the adam theme as i know that works although it was the black carbon one that mucked up.

Comment

So managed to get the dnl files on to the discs and loading on the stereo but comes up each time with 3 diffrent themes this.
            Any ideas?

Comment

I have checked and the sysprogosalio.out file is definitely on the disc and in the file so I can’t understand why its not finding it

Comment

Nightmare, we were getting somewhere.
                It sounds silly but what brand of disc are you using? Sometimes non branded disc can work for a bit then it will not like certain parts of it.
                Do you see the folder g_lreu10 on your disc?

Comment

Nightmare, we were getting somewhere.
                  It sounds silly but what brand of disc are you using? Sometimes non branded disc can work for a bit then it will not like certain parts of it.
                  Do you see the folder g_lreu10 on your disc?
                  Maxell is the brand and yes that folder is on there. I tried all diffrent themes and it all had this out come.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    Maxell is the brand and yes that folder is on there. I tried all diffrent themes and it all had this out come.
                    It could be the brand of the disc it don't like. You can try buying a small pack of tdk or Sony to try. I once fixed someone issue using branded disc I have, their navi just didn't like their Tesco disc.
                    Or I can refer you to a foreign site for assistance.

Comment

It could be the brand of the disc it don't like. You can try buying a small pack of tdk or Sony to try. I once fixed someone issue using branded disc I have, their navi just didn't like their Tesco disc.
                      Or I can refer you to a foreign site for assistance.
                      I’ll try a sony or tdk disc first to see how i get on. I really appreciate your help with this thank you

Comment

Why are you trying the modified themes and not this file : CD500_Original_Update__Factory_Restore_MY2011 ?
                        I think they are patches and don't contain the entire and full firmware.
                        When you restore it to a working condition then you can try uploading one again.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTod View Post
                          Why are you trying the modified themes and not this file : CD500_Original_Update__Factory_Restore_MY2011 ?
                          I think they are patches and don't contain the entire and full firmware.
                          When you restore it to a working condition then you can try uploading one again.
                          That file is an img file and won’t work in the cd player i have tried it. Do you have a link to a dnl file with the original update?

Comment

This is an image file that you must write to a disc with CloneCD. When you write it properly there will be /dnl folder on the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTod View Post
                              This is an image file that you must write to a disc with CloneCD. When you write it properly there will be /dnl folder on the CD.
                              Ah ok I’ll try that then

Comment

The Update theme packs has the relevant files.
                                When you update a theme you are infact reflashing the firmware, only thing is different is the modification to the Images.uli file

Comment

Working...
                                X