Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tyre Pressures ?

Hi All,

Only had My Insignia few days but not sure on what the correct tyre pressures should be.
    Tyres are 245/45/18. Insignia 1.4T Sri.

The settings its on the OBC is 'Light' so not sure whats best pressures for them.

Thanks all

Jonny
    Jonny
    Insignia SRi Turbo

Check n/s pillar decal or owners manual
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Check n/s pillar decal or owners manual
      Did do mate. But. It's recommending 39psi. But I'm wanting to know what you guys think is best and the setting to choose on the OBC

Jonny
      Jonny
      Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Running my 16t on 34psi all round.
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Running my 16t on 34psi all round.
          That on 18s too?

Jonny
          Jonny
          Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Comment

Running my 18" on 32psi cold I have tpms set on light. They tend to run at about 34-35 psi when warm from driving.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Running my 18" on 32psi cold I have tpms set on light. They tend to run at about 34-35 psi when warm from driving.
                Nice. I think mine are currently set to eco as when there warm the pressures are 37/38.

Only had it few days and don't think garage have looked at them

Jonny
                Jonny
                Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

granted mine are 17's but i tend to take the size of the wheel (17) and double it..(34) then add a couple extra pounds..(36).. not sure if this helps,
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                    granted mine are 17's but i tend to take the size of the wheel (17) and double it..(34) then add a couple extra pounds..(36).. not sure if this helps,
                    Wow...thats countdown stuff ! Hahaha

Jonny
                    Jonny
                    Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
                      Did do mate. But. It's recommending 39psi. But I'm wanting to know what you guys think is best and the setting to choose on the OBC

Jonny
                      I'm sure you've mis-read the manual just a little. I think the 39psi will be for recommended ECO pressure setting. You're most likely 32psi front, 29psi rear. Or for heavy loads 32psi front and 39psi rear.

Comment

Never read manual just side of the door. Will grab a picture later mate

Jonny
                        Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                        I'm sure you've mis-read the manual just a little. I think the 39psi will be for recommended ECO pressure setting. You're most likely 32psi front, 29psi rear. Or for heavy loads 32psi front and 39psi rear.
                        Jonny
                        Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Run my 18’s on 39 front and 42 rear that’s the eco pressures but sometimes find them quite hard

Comment

I run mine slightly higher at 35psi - 19". It's all horses for courses, but anywhere in between the manual figures should be fine.

Comment

1.4T, all rim/tyre combinations:
                              Comfort: 32PSI front, 34PSI rear.
                              Economy: 39PSI front, 42PSI rear.
                              Full load: 32PSI front, 42PSI rear.

Personally I'd set at about 35PSI front and 37PSI rear. In winter it'll drop a couple of PSI and in summer it'll increase by a couple of PSI due to weather conditions (temperature) so being in the middle of the range allows a bit of temperature-related variation.

Note that each engine variant has different recommended pressures; mine recommends 39PSI in the front regardless of comfort/eco/full load, with rear varying from 35-46PSI according to comfort and load being carried. Mine's usually set at 39PSI front and 37PSI rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X