Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buttons View Post
    You would find the only one. Ever. .
    On mine the message appeared much quicker. I'm just relaying what the service managers have told me. Ive no reason to doubt them. Dont shoot the messenger.
    Not shooting you down but just find it hard to believe this is the case. They all should be following the GM protocol.
    I can only assume majority of opel are petrols so we hear less of it. We all know diesel insignia flood the uks road.
    And so far only heard it only affects preface insignia.

Comment

So do I. I'm basing it only on whats been told by dealers in Ireland. Dont know about Europe or other 'Opel' areas. Road tax here is heavily biased towards diesel as its based on CO2 emissions since 2008. A petrol Insignia is rare here so, like you I don't understand it? I dont know, but the 2 service managers were (seemed) honest in what they said. There must be some other common thread? There could be an issue with clocking of cars coming in by importers to increase margins?

Comment

I wonder if it's simply because there are much fewer opels around. I've only seen 1 opel badged car in the last 6 weeks and I've been looking at literally thousands for sale online. Or perhaps people re-badge them?

Comment

Closest I’ve come to seeing an Opel was the garage randomly suppling an Opel badged key when to dealer I got my old Insignia from paid for a second key for me!

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            The Opel versions, regardless of year, do not suffer the same fate for some reason. No idea why, but If we assume, its the same engine, manufactured with the same parts, which it is, then its down to servicing and more specifically oil quality? Who knows.
            Not try, my fathers-in-laws suffered from the same issue. His car was a 2011 Opel, German car, so it will happen on Opels as well. Even more, I recall having read the same issue happens to Alfas as well, just like the leaking egr coooler

Comment

Could it be different quality oils used in different countries?
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

What might be different it's the fact that in Germany a car with more then 150000km is considered old. I once had a coolant leak with my 1.7 cdti Astra-H. The mechanic serious doubted my decision to have it fix, as it had already done 200000km... Car did another 130000km without any issues.

Comment

Yup, I still dont understand. Just saying that in a country where Opel badges are the norm but imports from the UK are common, that 2 dealers said that they never replaced a pickup seal on an Opel but had to do so on numerous Vauxhalls. I doubt Vauxhalls could make up even 10% of Insignias on the road here, so for 2 dealers to say the same thing has a bit of weight. Not saying an Opel never had to have the seal done. I'm driving a Vauxhall and had the seal done and am not sour about it, I love my car. Next time round I'll be getting either a facelift biturbo preferably or a VW passat biturbo. The VW purely for the HP and torque, dont particularly like VW's though I had a '88 jetta 1.6D which was the bomb. Basic, but once you new how to drive it it was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                  X