Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facelift dash cam fitting, hard wire fuse, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift dash cam fitting, hard wire fuse, help?

In my pre-facelift I used fuse 6 in the glovebox, but on my facelift, fuse 6 seems to have a permanent power feed to it as I only just realised today my dashcam isn't turning off after 10 seconds (Built in delay) when I turn the ignition off!...it's a good job it hasn't drained the battery!

erm...Help!

OOPS! I suppose it's easy to try other fuses, interior lights perhaps? It is only a dashcam, so no great power drain. Good luck MOV!

Comment

Need to know this myself,got one coming this week
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
        In my pre-facelift I used fuse 6 in the glovebox, but on my facelift, fuse 6 seems to have a permanent power feed to it as I only just realised today my dashcam isn't turning off after 10 seconds (Built in delay) when I turn the ignition off!...it's a good job it hasn't drained the battery!

erm...Help!
        Pretty sure it's still fuse 6. Which is for the cigarette lighter. Mine only works when ignition is on.

Comment

AFAIK fuse 6 is ignition live, not permanent live. Works for me on my f/l.

Comment

Thanks guys....i'll have a look when I get the car back.

To cut a long story short, it went in for a new tyre pressure monitor and had to go to local Vauxhall dealer for it, and when it came back, the wheel was damaged!!

Comment

Thanks guys....i'll have a look when I get the car back.

To cut a long story short, it went in for a new tyre pressure monitor and had to go to local Vauxhall dealer for it, and when it came back, the wheel was damaged!!
              Put 2 fresh tyres on mine the other day,,,I was shitting myself when the wheel went on the tyre machine
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I am pretty sure the cig lighter is delayed off I had my dash cam connected to the cig lighter in my fl and that went off . I seem to recall it may even stay on until you open the door , I no longer have the car so can’t check for sure though

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                  I am pretty sure the cig lighter is delayed off I had my dash cam connected to the cig lighter in my fl and that went off . I seem to recall it may even stay on until you open the door , I no longer have the car so can’t check for sure though
                  Yeah usually powers down after 15 mins

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    Put 2 fresh tyres on mine the other day,,,I was shitting myself when the wheel went on the tyre machine
                    This looks like they have dropped the wheel when the tyre has been off, or twatted it against something!....but they didn't even tell Lloyds who I bought the car off and who they were doing the work for.

Comment

This looks like they have dropped the wheel when the tyre has been off, or twatted it against something!.
                      When was this?

but they didn't even tell Lloyds who I bought the car off and who they were doing the work for.
                      ???

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        When was this?

???
                        Last week, why do you ask?

Comment

The dash cam fault appears to be with the piggy back fuse wire I bought....a guy across the road tested it with a multimeter and it didn't work, then I took the fuse out and put it back in and it worked.

Comment

Last week, why do you ask?
                            You mention lloyd?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              You mention lloyd?
                              Yes, Lloyds is the dealer I bought the car from.

Comment

Working...
                              X