Cooling system issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling system issues

Hi can anyone help me, IÂ’ve just brought an insignia 2.0 cdti 2009 with high mileage but a recon engine was fitted 23k miles ago. The issues that I have is recently whilst driving the coolant temp went up to 130 and the display said idle engine, up until this point the temp was rock solid at 90. Pulled over immediately and there was boiling water coming from the over pressure vent on the expansion tank. Let it cooled and put around 500ml of water in and drove home with no issues. From this I back flushed the cooling system and all was well for around 2 weeks then again the temp dropped a little to 80 for a second then went back up to 90 then a couple of miles later went up to 100 and then back down to 90 and then a couple of miles later the temp went from 90 to 130 in 1 second so again pulled over, let it cool down, added 500ml of water and drove home with no issues.
    I have taken it to a garage who has but a block test on and the liquid stayed blue indicating head gasket is ok, put a new expansion tank on and bleed the cooling system. Again drove for 100 miles with no issues but within the next 15 miles the temp gauge went from 90 to 130 within 1 second and repeated and then drove home without issues.
    What I have done and checked are,
    1: Pressurised coolant system to 20 psi and there are no leaks found and the pressure doesnÂ’t drop.
    2: The expansion cap replaced and tested and doesnÂ’t release pressure until 22 psi and then stops when the pressure drops to 20 psi.
    3: Changed water pump.
    4: Changed thermostat.
    5: Bled cooling system and using the bleed on the stat housing and the one on the top of the rad.
    Drove the car again and within 10 miles water is coming out of the over pressure vent. The other thing I noticed is that there is a sound in the cabin of rushing water that indicates to me that there is still an air lock.
    Any advice on how to correctly bleed the cooling system or how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post, wanted to give as much info as possible.

Water temperature sensor maybe faulty,and not allowing thermostat to operate properly ???
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I did forget to mention that I have already replaced the temperature sensor.

Comment

Hi Raz69

I think I have the same problem with my Insignia. Did you get it fixed finally??

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rodmepa View Post
          Hi Raz69

I think I have the same problem with my Insignia. Did you get it fixed finally??

Thanks!
          Always check the dates of the posts mate..........hes not been on for over 3 years.

with your issues, your better starting a new thread in the appropriate place - your more likely to get answers that way

Comment

Working...
          X