How to bleed coolant system please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bleed coolant system please?

Hi could anyone please advise how to correctly bleed the coolant system, as there is an air lock in the system I am struggling to remove, I can also hear water gurgling in the heater matrix, many thanks.

What engine? I have usually found they are self bleeding.

Comment

Thanks for reply, it’s 2 ltr CDTI 160 BHP

Comment

After I replaced the EGR cooler, I just topped off the coolant, started the engine and let it run without the cap of the coolant reservoir. Then kept filling the reservoir whenever the level dropped below MAX. Seems to worked fine, I hadn't any cooling issues after that.

Comment

Make sure your heater is on HOT to let coolant circulate,Switch off,let cool then check level in reservoir-top up if required.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thank you Ernst and Howy, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes, many thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X