Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a new Insignia owner :)

Hi Everyone,

Manchester chap, a biker and recent owner of a Dark green 2013 Vauxhall insignia 2.0ltr SRI VX-LINE CDTIA with VRX styling kit

Previous car was a old Mondeo (2002) with zero tech in it, so driving home for the first time in my Insignia i felt a bit like captain of the Starship Enterprise...
    well.... a captain that had no clue what all the buttons did.
    And to be fair riding home on the motorway i was distracted by a sat nav that was sending me somewhere other than my house, with no idea how to turn it off!!
    Only once i got home on the drive i started fiddling with stuff i got to grips with basics... like turning off navigation to timbuktu!

I saved for ages and wanted this very car!!! (model/colour/Auto/2.0 combo) my search took ages before one became available.
    when i saw it i could get over to buy if any faster.... checked it and wham £250 deposit to remove it from sale there and then!!

I need to check the Info system ... i have no idea what model it is and check how old the maps are.
    i did fiddle with it and notice it had an "Open-Source" software on it??? has a previous owner removed the official Vauxhall one or are they all like that?
    if so, does that make it a problem to update maps etc??

Anyway... hello everyone
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Welcome to the forum,is it a facelift or pre facelift ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Let have a look at some photos of it!

Dark green? Will that be Emerald green? I think that was only available on the facelift wasn't it?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Hi,

Let have a look at some photos of it!

Dark green? Will that be Emerald green? I think that was only available on the facelift wasn't it?
            Correct Mark,good observation
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome Barnoe from another Manchester lad with an Emerald Green Insignia . There's not many of us around
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Welcome to the forum,is it a facelift or pre facelift ?
                on the log book it just says GREEN and im not sure what facelift means really

this is the car....not sure i did this right

and the console...anyone know what version Nav600, 900 etc
                North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

You've got a facelift......you can tell by the round fog lamps on the front. Your entertainment system will be the RF900 Intellilink.

Nice looking motor. Looks like it has keyless entry with the chrome door handles
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Welcome
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

welcome to the madhouse fella,

don't start modding your car though, you'll never have any money if you do...
                      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        You've got a facelift......you can tell by the round fog lamps on the front. Your entertainment system will be the RF900 Intellilink.

Nice looking motor. Looks like it has keyless entry with the chrome door handles
                        Yea keyless entry, im not sure whats standard and whats extra.
                        basically i get in and out with the key in my pocket, car starts with a button press which is great.

I need to learn more about it by reading up, im especially interested in learning more about the intellilink system.
                        It seems very basic to me, for something that takes up a huge part of the dash it doesn't do much other than Radio and Sat Nav.

Some of the details in the infotainment manual doesnt add up, which makes me think someone has changed the system somehow.
                        For instance, on page 58 it mentions adding apps and selecting apps icons???
                        nothing like this on mine and the instructions on how to create an account doesnt match up either.

I will sort it though..
                        First thing this weekend is get soem cleaning products, to say it was valeted by Fords of Winsford, they did a really crappy job!!

Comment

When the facelift Insignia was launched with the new Intellilink infotainment system they stated there would be an app store where you could download apps for the system. However, there wasn't much take-up from app developers so the app store was scrapped. It is a good system but if you want app functionality then unfortunately this system won't be able to do it. The manual can be confusing as it covers all the factory options but not all vehicles have all the options. Feel free to ask any questions, we're here to help.

The keyless entry is great. And the car reminds you if you get out and have left the key in the car e.g. it beeps the horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                            welcome to the madhouse fella,

don't start modding your car though, you'll never have any money if you do...
                            Seconded. I'm learning that the hard way

Comment

welcome buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X