New Discs and Pads Fitted - pads failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    The mtecs I fitted a couple of months ago and had the anti rust silver coating on them but I still cleaned them with the cleaning solution.

Just as I've done for nearly 35 years.....old habits die hard
    Does it not rust after rain water been on them.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Does it not rust after rain water been on them.
      Off course they do

But the silver coating is working on the surfaces that the pads don't touch.
      So the centres and outer edges are fine.

Comment

How did it go with the replacement pads?
        Cant say I've came across anything like that before I've a mini r50 that had sat for about 6 months with handbrake on drove after releasing no problems, have the damaged one been returned to manufacturer for testing/investigating?

Comment

Not gad chance to fit the new pads yet im afraid, EBC did not request the old ones to be sent vack, may do so anyway, will fit new pads in a few days or so and report back, I def think the pads were faulty.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

my guess is they needed a degrease even if silver coated, the coating has got hot and bonded the pads to disk as they cool, I would take discs off again and give the good sanding, be easy if you have access to a lathe.

Comment

Hi all,
              Quick update, second set of pads have been on a week no issues at all very pleased with the performance, so looks like the first were a duff set, especially as the fronts were the same combo with no issues.

Comment

Working...
              X