Keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry

my car has keyless entry, sometimes it works but most times it doesnt?
    is there something i might be doing that does this?

if i get out and walk away the car beeps then locks on its own, when i return i cant get in and have to use the remote.
    if i double click the remote to lock it, when i return i still cant get in???

My first thought is replace the remote battery, but doesn't the car dash warn you when the remote battery is low?
    both remotes i have do the same.
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Replace the battery in the fob first off , I used to change mine once a year for what they cost it would be a good and cheap first thing to try
    If you are double clicking the remote you are dead locking the car .
    Have you gone through the menu and looked at the settings I dont have an Insignia now so I can’t have a look .

Comment

Does deadlocking the car stop the keyless entry?

Your didnt buy another Insignia you traitor
      North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

I am not sure if it does I never or rarely used the dead lock , and no I have owned 3 Insignias so wanted a change but I expect I will be back someday ��

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
          I am not sure if it does I never or rarely used the dead lock , and no I have owned 3 Insignias so wanted a change but I expect I will be back someday ��
          Didn't even know you changed. But glad you still here for the banter .
          I know what you mean feel like a change. I really like the new Peugeot 3008 but can't afford it atm.

Comment

Well I experimented with my locks.
            I now think it's the drivers door handle.... Well the small button on it.
            I can open doors keyless with the back door every time.
            Success with drivers door is about 1 in 8 attempts.

Comment

Are you still in warranty? If not get yourself a can of contact cleaner and give the button a blast. It might just be build up of shite behind it. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/eng...-cleaner-400ml
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It's a 2014 I bought from Ford's of Winsford... Manchester branch
                It does have a warranty on it for 3 years, not sure it covers things like this though, they will class it as wear and tear probably.
                I'll try cleaning it.... if that fails I will either swap the button with the back door or see if I can buy one

Comment

I would try the warranty option first to be honest just in case they turn it around on you and say you have messed it up , only going to cost a phone call to find out ��

Comment

Are you sure the button is not just a bit stiff? One of the rear doors on mine is and requires a firmer press
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Are you sure the button is not just a bit stiff? One of the rear doors on mine is and requires a firmer press
                      No I've tried pressing a few times and hard.

I've just been to Halfords and bought this contact cleaner Marko mentioned above.

Will be hard to blast through the tiny gap though, so don't hold much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Are you still in warranty? If not get yourself a can of contact cleaner and give the button a blast. It might just be build up of shite behind it. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/eng...-cleaner-400ml
                        Mate you a star!!

got this https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvL_yCPYJVV3jwkILiCuujTgIeQJ

Put the straw thing close to the cracks around the button and squirted a few times to be sure, the button is working again!!!
                        not gonna lie, this was just a last ditch attempt and didnt actually think it would work

Cheers buddy, i owe you one

Comment

Nice one!
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                          X