Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying insignia with network Q and have clutch pedal issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your dealer is talking out of his arse. Not all Insignias have this fault but the fact he has stated that "all Insignias have this" acknowledges that he is aware of the fault. For the dealer to say it's not an issue is a joke, the car never came out of the factory like that so it is clearly a fault!! If they have another Insignia on the forecourt ask for they keys and try the clutch to see if it is the same. Go yo other garages and check other Insignias. There will be many that are fine. Personally, I wouldn't be buying the car with a known fault and would want it repairing before buying.

Mine started intermittently at 6k miles from new and the pedal box was eventually changed when the clicking became permanent at 10k miles. The car has now done 26k miles and the clicking has not returned.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Romfordblue View Post
      I have discussed the clicking clutch pedal with the Vauxhall dealer and I have been told that insignia’s all have this issue and it’s not an issue. I am collecting this car next week from the dealer but would love to know if your insignias:
      *have a clicking clutch pedal
      *and will this clicking pedal get worse or do any damage to the car.

As it sounds like I would just have to suffer the noise and turn the radio up...
      Thanks for your help guys.

What utter pish!

It's a widespread issue. Don't let them walk over you. If I was you I would threaten to pull out. Get them to go to another insignia and see if that does it. It won't and they will have to replace the pedal box.

Comment

I had to take mine back to Vauxhall about 5 times for the same issue until they put a new pedal box in! Pain in the arse! A new pedal box fixed it though for the short amount of time I had it afterwards... Sold the car soon after though haha

If it was me I would not be accepting the car until its sorted

Comment

Great news the dealer is going to change the pedal box on my Insignia as part of the Network Q policy and hopefully this will fix the clutch pedal noise I’m getting. He did say it’s a big job and will take a few days and is really expensive but Vauxhall will cover the cost.
          Insignia 2015 Sri Vx Line

Comment

Well done for standing your ground
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              Had it on mine, 2 pieces of sound proofing from an old dishwasher between the coils of the spring either side of the pedal cured it. plus a squirt of oil on the hinge. I was well out of any warranty
              Any chance you could explain in a little more detail how you did this? Thanks.

Comment

Mine had this issue, I painted Black Moly Grease on to both of the springs and the noise was gone.
                That was 15000 miles ago.
                Its the grease they put inside Air Rifles to quieten them down inside.It is like Tar !
                We have a 5 gallon drum of the stuff at work.
                It worked for me-Just saying ......

Comment

Cheers Mick, I have some moly grease in the garage, I'll give that a try.

Comment

What about the white spray grease,the type used on door hinges and checkstraps?
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                      What about the white spray grease,the type used on door hinges and checkstraps?
                      That wont be heavy enough mate.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Hmmm, mine has been doing this for ages and has slowly gotten worse now that it's out of warranty. Guess I'll have to live with it now

Tthink i'll just put some sound proofing foam in the springs

Comment

What actually causes this? I had my pedel box replaced under warranty which resolved the issue. Had no issues with it over the past 3 months and the pedals are smooth as butter.

I wonder if it was just a batch that were at fault and not all of them?

Comment

I think it's the way the spring is binding/coiling up and it's moving when some pressure is put on it and that's what makes it click.

Comment

Yes If you didn't know what it was, Moly looks like semi - liquid Tar or a firm Dog ****
                              Not only is it good soundproofing. It also absorbs energy.
                              I brushed it into my springs everywhere. It will not melt and drip off with in car temperatures.
                              If you have no warranty its worth a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                                Any chance you could explain in a little more detail how you did this? Thanks.
                                I have a photo somewhere, cant find it, anyway the spring looks like this:
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/
                                And I put 2 small pieces of soundproofing between the coils, about 2" square, one either side, just used a screwdriver to make a gap in the coil to push the material in. It worked with a bit of heavy oil on hinge.

Comment

Working...
                                X