Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying insignia with network Q and have clutch pedal issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying insignia with network Q and have clutch pedal issue.

Hi guys I’m after a bit of help. Test drove a 2015 insignia Sri Vx 140bhp, was impressed and put down a deposit today but on test drive I noticed a clonking on clutch pedal near the top when using the clutch pedal. I did mention to sales assistant and he said it may need a bit of grease and he would get it checked under 115 point check. My question is should I mention about the clutch pedal box after reading about other people who have the same problem before I pay for the vehicle or wait to see if a bit of grease will fix the problem. Luckily the car is covered for 12 months with network Q but I just thought it was normal on the test drive and only now after reading the forum have I seen that there is a common fault with the pedal.
    Would appreciate any assistance as apart from clutch pedal noise the car is excellent as was ex mobility owners car, and would the network Q 115 point check not spot the problem with the clutch clonking.
    Thanks
    Insignia 2015 Sri Vx Line

It's a trait of the car,,,especially in warm temperatures
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi,

If they're a Vauxhall dealer they should already know that a bit of grease isn't going to sort it. As you've seen on the forum, it's a common fault so they should be looking to replace it straight away. Chances are the 115 point check won't pick up on it because it will probably be checked in the garage rather than on the move when the clicking is more noticeable. I'd tell them now before you hand over any cash but I wouldn't worry to much because its a quick easy fix and I doubt they'd want to lose a sale over it. Just make sure they get their mechanic to go out for a drive in it.

Get some photos posted when you get it! We like photos!
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        It's a trait of the car,,,especially in warm temperatures
        Is your new one doing it, Dave?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This is not a quick easy fix. It's a dash out job as the whole pedal box needs to be replaced. Had mine done under warranty
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I'm talking about by Vauxhall if you read it properly. Fks sake why is everybody jumping on my posts lately trying to correct me. Read the posts properly!
            Last edited by marko301; 04-05-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Mines going in today for the same thing plus the sat nav is faulty, they are changing the slave cylinder for the clunking!! I told them its probably the pedal box but that's what they said (P**tagon Oldham)

Comment

Mine had the same issue. Car being under warranty they were unable to diagnose the issue.. a quick talk to the sales manager and they quickly found the issue. They clearly new it was the pedal box..

They fitted a new one and now no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  I'm talking about by Vauxhall if you read it properly. Fks sake why is everybody jumping on my posts lately trying to correct me. Read the posts properly!
                  Apologies if I've upset you.......it wasn't my intention. I was just pointing out that even for Vauxhall this is a big job
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No worries... apologies for throwing out my teddy...you were the 3rd of 3 comments from different members on different threads who it felt just posted to put me right. Just unlucky because I don't usually kick off like that. I was trying to reassure the op that it isn't the kind of job where he'll lose his car for a long period. It should be routine for vx.

Comment

Out of curiosity would they fit a revised version of a pedal box or the same one with this flaw? How long do these pedal boxes last before going clicky? Mine did 50k before It got replaced but would have failed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Is your new one doing it, Dave?
                        Not yet mark
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                          Out of curiosity would they fit a revised version of a pedal box or the same one with this flaw? How long do these pedal boxes last before going clicky? Mine did 50k before It got replaced but would have failed earlier.
                          In most cases I've heard of, It starts pretty early if it's going to do it and once replaced I don't think we've had any reports of it returning so It's likely down to a bad batch (just a guess) of originals. You must have a gentle foot if you managed 50k before it started.

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          Not yet mark
                          You should be ok.

Comment

Had it on mine, 2 pieces of sound proofing from an old dishwasher between the coils of the spring either side of the pedal cured it. plus a squirt of oil on the hinge. I was well out of any warranty

Comment

I have discussed the clicking clutch pedal with the Vauxhall dealer and I have been told that insignia’s all have this issue and it’s not an issue. I am collecting this car next week from the dealer but would love to know if your insignias:
                              *have a clicking clutch pedal
                              *and will this clicking pedal get worse or do any damage to the car.

As it sounds like I would just have to suffer the noise and turn the radio up...
                              Thanks for your help guys.
                              Last edited by Romfordblue; 09-05-2018, 08:49 PM. Reason: Typo
                              Insignia 2015 Sri Vx Line

Comment

Working...
                              X