Reverse camera intermittent fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse camera intermittent fault

Hi all, just installed a double din head unit upgrade with reversing camera and now having some issues... I've wired the camera straight into the reverse light wire and the camera usually works fine when reverse is engaged but sometimes doesnt. When it doesnt work I dont even have reverse light or parking sensors either and now via a local garage been told that a weird problem of the boot catch not opening is also related to the camera. If I wire the camera into the cig lighter live, will the canbus decoder be clever enough to know when I put the car into reverse or will the camera be on all the time as its a constant live?

many thanks

It'll be on all the time then
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

thought so, I'll have to bit the bullet and let an auto spark look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettabad View Post
        thought so, I'll have to bit the bullet and let an auto spark look at it.
        Check the ground wire

Comment

i had this problem intermittently when selecting reverse i had the wire too tight and the phono plug had come loose taped it up ( should have done that in the first place )

never had a problem again.

i would go to basics check all you connections

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
            i had this problem intermittently when selecting reverse i had the wire too tight and the phono plug had come loose taped it up ( should have done that in the first place )

never had a problem again.

i would go to basics check all you connections
            But the ops reverse light is intermittent too so it won't be that.

Comment

Working...
            X