Hi guys looking some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys looking some advice

Hi ppl looking some advice on getting few more horseies outa my 1.8sri siggy not like crazy gains but feel abit let down on finding out a remap only adds like 6bhp or something silly like that any thoughts??
    Cheers

You're very limited on what you can do with a non turbocharged engine I'm afraid
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Use 2nd and 3rd gear more often.
      Once you get above 3500rpm the engine starts to liven up.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
        Cut the ahiye outta her ya mean

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          You're very limited on what you can do with a non turbocharged engine I'm afraid
          Yea I get that just price of remap for so little gain seems abit pointless, just wondering would like a k&n or a chip(probably just as dear as remap) make any difference just looking a little bit more oomph, tbh I think it's because I went from a turbo diesel to this having withdrawal from turbo tourqe also looking it to sound abit more throuthy without trying to hard and sounding like a total river if possible any views would be appreciated, into ppl probs Gona say buy a vx model but bit outa my price range

Comment

Originally posted by M4RTY View Post
            ..... just looking a little bit more oomph....I went from a turbo diesel to this ....
            What make and model was the turbo diesel and how many horses did it have?

Comment

As 2000rpm said here's where you want to be on the torque curve. Little else to be gained.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/cu...d_1_8_140.html

Comment

What make and model was the turbo diesel and how many horses did it have?
                Don't laugh at me now 🙂 but was 2006 2.0 tdci Mondeo but tbh comepaired to this 1.8 Sri it was a rocket maybe there something wrong with my siggy just feels like it lacks even when thrashing it, but maybe it's just me im not sure , just feels like it doesn't even compare to my dad's old 2.0 Sri 8v cav tbh am I just expecting to much for nothing??

Comment

Sorry Mondeo was like 130bhp I think maybe 140

Comment

Don't laugh at me now �� but was 2006 2.0 tdci Mondeo but tbh comepaired to this 1.8 Sri it was a rocket maybe there something wrong with my siggy just feels like it lacks even when thrashing it, but maybe it's just me im not sure , just feels like it doesn't even compare to my dad's old 2.0 Sri 8v cav tbh am I just expecting to much for nothing??
                    ...Mondeo was like 130bhp I think maybe 140 ..
                    Modern cars are a lot heavier so in general they need a bit more power to keep up with older cars. A 130-140hp turbo-diesel will be stronger than a 130-140hp non-turbo petrol because there's more 'area under the curve'.
                    There's extra structural strength to withstand collisions, extra safety kit to help protect the occupants, more electronic gadgets in the car for the driver to play with.

Comment

Youre just missing the diesel torques. It aint all about BHP.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        Youre just missing the diesel torques. It aint all about BHP.
                        That's kinda what I thought too guess just gotta such it up or sell ?? Lol

Comment

That's kinda what I thought too guess just gotta such it up or sell ?? Lol
                          *Suck it up

Comment

Working...
                          X