Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 HMI to 2.5 HMI

Hi all.

Currently looking at purchasing a HMI 2.5 from another insignia.

Mine is currently a 2.0. What would happen if I just switch them? Would it boot? I'm guessing it's going to need some programming but I've spoken to some vauxhall back street mechanics and they believe it isn't possible?

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
    Hi all.

Currently looking at purchasing a HMI 2.5 from another insignia.

Mine is currently a 2.0. What would happen if I just switch them? Would it boot? I'm guessing it's going to need some programming but I've spoken to some vauxhall back street mechanics and they believe it isn't possible?
    Theft locked is what will happen. Needs to be programmed to your vin.

Why the upgrade to 2.5?

Comment

Does it need to be programmed by opcom or can it be done with a a computer?

Im after android auto and since the 2.5 came out with the new astra I feel that it's the best way to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        Does it need to be programmed by opcom or can it be done with a a computer?

Im after android auto and since the 2.5 came out with the new astra I feel that it's the best way to achieve it.
        You'll need someone who has the software to program it to your vin. Probably configured aswell with regards to AA.

You'll also need a new radio module (also needs programming) otherwise 75% of AA's functionality will not work and will be pointless.

To find such a person might be difficult as the software is very expensive.

If I was to have a guess at the cost, it would be around 400ish without the programming.

It's up to you if you want to pursue this given the difficulties trying to find someone to program it.

Alternatively you could just buy an Android headunit to replace the factory unit.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          You'll need someone who has the software to program it to your vin. Probably configured aswell with regards to AA.

You'll also need a new radio module (also needs programming) otherwise 75% of AA's functionality will not work and will be pointless.

To find such a person might be difficult as the software is very expensive.

If I was to have a guess at the cost, it would be around 400ish without the programming.

It's up to you if you want to pursue this given the difficulties trying to find someone to program it.

Alternatively you could just buy an Android headunit to replace the factory unit.

Hope this helps

I've ran with a android head unit in a previous car. Although the options are vast I felt that some of the important things were hit and miss. Never managed to have a clear phone call with any of them due to the cheap wiring on the inside of them.

Then on this scale 400 + plus trying to find someone to program it also seems like a long shot.

Can you think of another option to get android auto onto these units?

Comment

Is someone wich can program HMI 2.5 on 2015 insignia?

Comment

Originally posted by florin_tatty View Post
              Is someone wich can program HMI 2.5 on 2015 insignia?
              I'd read the above posts

Comment

Geniomnet, Pavia. 675 likes. Geniom's word Opel and BMW

This guy can do the 2.5 upgrade you only need the radio module if you want the voice functionality of Apple/google whatever’s.
                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/Geniomnet/

This guy can do the 2.5 upgrade you only need the radio module if you want the voice functionality of Apple/google whatever’s.
                  Mr Plasma can probably do it. UK based too.

Comment

Would a blank 2.5hdi be required not a second hand one?
                    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Would a blank 2.5hdi be required not a second hand one?
                      Any would suffice

Comment

Managed to sort out a replacement radio module for Lewis on sunday and got it paired to the car ok... Hes just working out an issue with why very slow to work (turns out its cluster wiring) So I'm getting there

Got a standard rf400 touch to full rf900 happening very soon, so will be playing with the 2.5's
                        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                          Managed to sort out a replacement radio module for Lewis on sunday and got it paired to the car ok... Hes just working out an issue with why very slow to work (turns out its cluster wiring) So I'm getting there

Got a standard rf400 touch to full rf900 happening very soon, so will be playing with the 2.5's
                          Plasma can you program the 8inch lcd Speedo in to a facelift car that didn’t come with it?

Comment

Plasma can you program the 8inch lcd Speedo in to a facelift car that didn’t come with it?
                            yep... 2 options which effects costings though... Just so its clear to everyone... I'll say here... If your car has TPMS and the 8inch you provide hasnt got it already will need an online session £40 (GMs server cost) to enable that... then the normal costs which are in my trader section... Give me a PM if you want more in depth info..
                            Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                              yep... 2 options which effects costings though... Just so its clear to everyone... I'll say here... If your car has TPMS and the 8inch you provide hasnt got it already will need an online session £40 (GMs server cost) to enable that... then the normal costs which are in my trader section... Give me a PM if you want more in depth info..
                              so what if I bought the full big screen set up - satnav etc..would you be able to conjour your magic and make it work in mine, instead of the small screen system that only has the dab?

Comment

Working...
                              X