Water pump whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    That's because of the noise in a diesel...you're used to that racket all the time.....us petrol owners enjoy the peace and quiet unless we open up. Its not making the car work hard. Its just waking it up a bit. I've never owned a diesel but driven plenty. Not my cup of tea. Each to there own but leave the 1.8 alone and I'll leave tractors alone....sorry, I mean diesels.
    Lol. Your car is always in deep sleep.

Comment

True
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That's why petrol drivers don't suffer from dmf and clutch problems as much.
        Gearbox rebuild - CHECK

New clutch - CHECK

New DMF - CHECK

Full house here!

Comment

Wow, I opened a can of worms, my other car is a golf GT TDI , that's what I'm comparing the sig to, so by comparison is a 1legged snail, if snails had legs! I know it's a heavy car blah blah blah, it's nice plodding down the motorway in, just don't want to have to react to anything in a hurry! Of course plodding down the motorway after my water pump is replaced!
          Thanks for the replies and chuckles!

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
            Gearbox rebuild - CHECK

New clutch - CHECK

New DMF - CHECK

Full house here!
            Is that done on your 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettabad View Post
              Wow, I opened a can of worms, my other car is a golf GT TDI , that's what I'm comparing the sig to, so by comparison is a 1legged snail, if snails had legs! I know it's a heavy car blah blah blah, it's nice plodding down the motorway in, just don't want to have to react to anything in a hurry! Of course plodding down the motorway after my water pump is replaced!
              Thanks for the replies and chuckles!
              A diesel siggy would match your requirements.

Comment

Gearbox rebuild - CHECK

New clutch - CHECK

New DMF - CHECK

Full house here!
                I did say "as much" I thought I'd include that to cover sh!te drivers.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Is that done on your 1.8
                  Yup. Had to have it all done just over a year ago, when it had just over 40k on it. M32 box, say no more.....

I did say "as much" I thought I'd include that to cover sh!te drivers.
                  Cheeky git!

Comment

Yup. Had to have it all done just over a year ago, when it had just over 40k on it. M32 box, say no more.....
                    Must off cost you a fortune

Comment

Must off cost you a fortune
                      Indeed. Was in the region of £1200 - £1300 if I recall correctly.

I’ve also had to change the power steering pump and the high pressure pipe to the rack.

The timing belt tensioner was noisy, so I had to fit a new timing belt kit.

And last week the coil pack gave up the ghost and had to be replaced.

Thankfully I’m reasonably handy with the spammers, so out of the above, the gearbox/clutch was the only thing I didn’t do myself.

Lucky white heather anyone?!?

Comment

Indeed. Was in the region of £1200 - £1300 if I recall correctly.

I’ve also had to change the power steering pump and the high pressure pipe to the rack.

The timing belt tensioner was noisy, so I had to fit a new timing belt kit.

And last week the coil pack gave up the ghost and had to be replaced.

Thankfully I’m reasonably handy with the spammers, so out of the above, the gearbox/clutch was the only thing I didn’t do myself.

Lucky white heather anyone?!?
                        Alot of work, surprised you not got rid of the car. Doing the work yourself have saved you a fair whack

Comment

That car is gonna be like Trigger's brush at this rate!
                          Last edited by marko301; 09-05-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Alot of work, surprised you not got rid of the car. Doing the work yourself have saved you a fair whack
                            I know what you mean, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what car you buy, there's always issues.

Plus, at least with a Vauxhall most parts are relatively inexpensive, and they aren't too difficult to work on.

Comment

I know what you mean, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what car you buy, there's always issues.

Plus, at least with a Vauxhall most parts are relatively inexpensive, and they aren't too difficult to work on.
                              Don't know with mine.

Shocks are £300 a corner.
                              Driveshaft is Over £600 genuine part.

Comment

Don't know with mine.

Shocks are £300 a corner.
                                Driveshaft is Over £600 genuine part.
                                Bargain!

Daresay similar parts on a BMW/Mercedes might still be more expensive though.

Comment

Working...
                                X