• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    Don't know with mine.

Shocks are £300 a corner.
    Driveshaft is Over £600 genuine part.
    I feel your pain. In my pocket. No the other one, the one with my wallet.

Comment

Hi back to main thread my 1.8 has an intermittent whine on tick over,over 900 rpm it stops when hot , is this likely to be the water pump, interested to hear from original poster how he resolved his issue ,doesn't do it all the time did it last Sunday then this Sunday ok the rest of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp View Post
        Hi back to main thread my 1.8 has an intermittent whine on tick over,over 900 rpm it stops when hot , is this likely to be the water pump, interested to hear from original poster how he resolved his issue ,doesn't do it all the time did it last Sunday then this Sunday ok the rest of the week
        Hi, yeah mine was the water pump, it went away for a bit when the aux pulley was tensioned but came back soon after, all belts and pump changed now and no issues!

Comment

Thanks mate ,were your symptoms the same as mine, whine like a smoke alarm on idle when hot ,rev up and noise stops the strange thing is that it's so intermittent it can not do it for weeks apart and then not every time

Comment

Yeah, although I had a similar thing on my golf which turned out to be the alternator pulley so could maybe be that too?

Comment

Pretty sure it's coming from the front pulley ,also creaks like a door when I turn it off again I believe that's coming from the front ,thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X