Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 SRI 160 Sports Tourer

Hello all,

Just thought I would fire up a few details on my car.

I was given it, and to be honest would have never thought of buying one. But I have really gelled with it. I much prefer it to my Passat b6

Cosmetically. It's not on the best of shape and with 204,000 on the clock I can't justify spending money on bodywork. But mechanically it's great, touch wood.

What I've done:

Full service including oil air fuel and pollen filters. Genuine gm dexos 2 oil

Upgraded to drilled front discs (Zimmermann)

Upgraded to ebc yellow stuff pads all round

Custom braided brake lines all round

(I'm quite hard on brakes)

Remapped to 195 ish they said. ( no smoke at all )

Painted the standard wheels gloss black.

Hid H7R dipped beams, led main beams, led light bar in lower grill

Fogs are still incandescent but yellow tinted.

Front indicators are led, drls are led

I have rewired the headlights so the sidelights turn off with the dipped beams on, as the non perfect colour match annoyed me. If a headlight bulb fails the side light will come on.

All rear lights are coverted to led, I love the deep cherry red the red LEDs produce.

All interior and puddle lights are led.

Black vinyl on the rear chrome.

Pressed steel number plates (won at a car show raffle)

Finally, I learnt to weld the other day (well started to learn) my car never had a visible exhaust, so I cut the down pointing exhaust of, welded on some 3 inch pipe then welded on a 3.5 oval tip.

When replacing this, I hope to find a last of the line red sports tourer in red, I'm hoping with the 2 litre petrol turbo engine

20180506_135629 by roverspeed, on Flickr

20180506_135639_HDR by roverspeed, on Flickr

20180506_135652_HDR by roverspeed, on Flickr

20171212_001627_HDR by roverspeed, on Flickr

Oh and occasionally she dresses up for Halloween events :-)

20171024_130950 by roverspeed, on Flickr

You cant beat a free car, and you've done quite a bit too it.....get some pictures on soon

Comment

Cheers I'm literally trying and failing to attach pictures from flickr

What am I doing wrong?? ��

Comment

Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
        Cheers I'm literally trying and failing to attach pictures from flickr

What am I doing wrong?? ��

You need the BB code' on Flickr.

Comment

Thanks, phew, that was hard work . I hate flickr

Comment

Thanks, phew, that was hard work . I hate flickr
            I'm slowly getting to grips with it....Photofuckit was soo much easier.

Is it an ex-police car?, and your drivers side front tyre is on the wrong direction.

Comment

Nope though purple l people often mistake it fit an unmarked police car, it was owned from new by the company I used to work for

I went out on my own and formed the sister company.

The tyres are Uniroyal rainsports, they are sided not directional.

Comment

Nope though purple l people often mistake it fit an unmarked police car, it was owned from new by the company I used to work for

I went out on my own and formed the sister company.

The tyres are Uniroyal rainsports, they are sided not directional.
                ahh ok makes sense with the miles....I just assumed 200k and White it would be ex-plod.

I know what you mean about the tyres, it just looks like a V tread and it running in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
                  ahh ok makes sense with the miles....I just assumed 200k and White it would be ex-plod.

I know what you mean about the tyres, it just looks like a V tread and it running in reverse.
                  It was a rep mobile covering the South of England.

I started my own company covering Northern Ireland and Ireland, so they gave me the car, laptop etc to get me started without having to getting into debt. Win win for them as I buy their products to sell.

Yeah I questioned the tread on the Rainsports too. They are half asymmetric half directional.

On another note, the are fantastic tyres bar wearing quickly and being quite noisy. Massive grip on the dry and fantastic wet.

Comment

Working...
                  X