Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head unit swap?

Hi all.

So I've got the standard head unit in my 2017 Insignia.

Can it just be swapped for a one off a nav that they sell on eBay? Or do I have to get a third party android one?

Thanks all

JONNY

Picture is one I've got now.
    Jonny
    Insignia SRi Turbo

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
    Hi all.

So I've got the standard head unit in my 2017 Insignia.

Can it just be swapped for a one off a nav that they sell on eBay? Or do I have to get a third party android one?

Thanks all

JONNY

Picture is one I've got now.
    Android: easier and cheaper to install

Comment

Okay thanks mate.

Anything else I need to change if I get a android. And will the display in between clocks still show audio info etc ?

JONNY
      Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Android: easier and cheaper to install

Jonny
      Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
        Okay thanks mate.

Anything else I need to change if I get a android. And will the display in between clocks still show audio info etc ?

JONNY
        I'm not sure to be honest. Marko had one fitted when he had his facelift best wait for a reply from him.

But you won't need to change anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          I'm not sure to be honest. Marko had one fitted when he had his facelift best wait for a reply from him.

But you won't need to change anything else.

Oh right thankyou

JoNnY
          Jonny
          Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Yeah I lost some info between the clocks. Radio info, media info and phone info. Steering wheel controls still work though. You also lose DAB radio and have to plug a DAB module into the new system via usb. You also need a DAB antenna that sticks in the front windscreen but I found the reception pretty poor. To be honest I would recommend paying more and going down the factory unit navi 900 and get it programmed. Can't help at all on how any of that is done though but since changing my car to one with factory fitted kit the quality and ease of everything working how it should is well worth the extra cash.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Yeah I lost some info between the clocks. Radio info, media info and phone info. Steering wheel controls still work though. You also lose DAB radio and have to plug a DAB module into the new system via usb. You also need a DAB antenna that sticks in the front windscreen but I found the reception pretty poor. To be honest I would recommend paying more and going down the factory unit navi 900 and get it programmed. Can't help at all on how any of that is done though but since changing my car to one with factory fitted kit the quality and ease of everything working how it should is well worth the extra cash.
              Custom made wiring, hmi 2.0, screen, new radio module, gps antenna. Programming and wiring is the tricky bit

Comment

Working...
              X