Strange noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise

Hi guys.....I’ve got a 14 plate SRI/ CDI VRX bodyline 2.0ltr manual. Occasionally when I turn right and when I reverse whilst turning right I get what sounds like a rubbing noise from my offside rear wheel area. I’ve been down under the car and had a look can’t see anything, put 4 new tyres and MOT’d her last week nothing came up no advisory or anything so I don’t think it’s any major just annoying.....any ideas or thoughts?

You say rear but I would have a look at the arch liner on the front wheels especially if you have been through any puddles , I had one come detached slightly and it was then allowing the tyre to rub now and again as per your symptoms .
    If it definitely is the rear end it could be a pad rubbing on the disc

Comment

Lff64.....you’re a genius.....just been under the front arch and yes it’s what’s causing the rubbing noise, so I’ve push it back in, hopefully it’ll stay in but looks quite bowed so might pop out again. Thanks for that

Comment

I had it happen to me a couple of times , they do t seem to like big puddles
        Just a though it might be worth having another look it could have pulled out the plastic retaining rivets
        Glad to have been of help and it was an easy fix ��

Comment

Working...
        X