Ah! Sounds near same as mine ! Don't have to worry as much now haha

Jonny
    Jonny
    Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
      Ah! Sounds near same as mine ! Don't have to worry as much now haha

Jonny
      Yeah I thought it sounds bit odd like electric. I know is not a v6 or v8 but still should make some decent noise in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Yeah I thought it sounds bit odd like electric. I know is not a v6 or v8 but still should make some decent noise in it.
        Sounds quite good with the filter on too

Jonny
        Jonny
        Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Sounds quite good with the filter on too

Jonny
          Thanks. It's a good cheap mod. But you do need a heat shield as well to avoid heat soak which I have experienced already. So far that's gone now since adding the home made heat shield.

Comment

Thanks. It's a good cheap mod. But you do need a heat shield as well to avoid heat soak which I have experienced already. So far that's gone now since adding the home made heat shield.
            Oh that's good then mate. Feel any different?
            Jonny
            Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Oh that's good then mate. Feel any different?
              It's a myth about power increase. Is in fact less efficient but I put it in purely for noise and looks.

Comment

It's a myth about power increase. Is in fact less efficient but I put it in purely for noise and looks.
                That's the main thing. Sounds great!
                Jonny
                Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

That's the main thing. Sounds great!
                  Yup that's all that matters. It's my first quickish petrol. I thought I get bit of noise in with exhaust and air filter.

Comment

The only thing i don't like is revving high than needed to keep up and overtake traffic, its burning more fuel to maintain pace, and also gives me impression the car has no power and needs to be worked hard. I'm always been a fan of the lazy low down pull of diesel, delivering tremendous torque low down and makes it feel its got even more above, but hey i don't rev that high so doesn't bother me its got nothing, its all the initial stage.
                    What I don't like from all those electronics is that manufacturer fool you. When pressing the accelerator for say 40%, they can let the engine give already 80% power. So when you drive it normally, they make you think it's rather quick. But when you need more power, there isn't much left for the engine to give... Even with my diesel, which has plenty of torque, 100% engine load is not equal to 100% throttle. More throttle results in the gearbox shifting at higher revs, as the engine is already delivering 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                      What I don't like from all those electronics is that manufacturer fool you. When pressing the accelerator for say 40%, they can let the engine give already 80% power. So when you drive it normally, they make you think it's rather quick. But when you need more power, there isn't much left for the engine to give... Even with my diesel, which has plenty of torque, 100% engine load is not equal to 100% throttle. More throttle results in the gearbox shifting at higher revs, as the engine is already delivering 100%.
                      I get what you are saying, but all that matters as long is not slow on the road and you actually overtaking quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X