Apple CarPlay Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple CarPlay Radio

Hi chaps, has anyone fitted an Apple CarPlay radio into their Insignia that was fitted with factory nav?

I’ve seen one in Halfords I like the look of but wanted to hear from other owners and their experiences first.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
    Hi chaps, has anyone fitted an Apple CarPlay radio into their Insignia that was fitted with factory nav?

I’ve seen one in Halfords I like the look of but wanted to hear from other owners and their experiences first.

Thanks.
    I can’t believe no one has done this to their car

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      I can’t believe no one has done this to their car
      No one have fitted those branded stereo to their car as they are not compatible with factory nav iirc.

However, recently the chinese makers have made one that is compatible with the factory navs.

Comment

I had a cd400 in mine which I swapped for a pioneer double din Carplay unit.

Comment

Originally posted by StuBFrost View Post
          I had a cd400 in mine which I swapped for a pioneer double din Carplay unit.
          Was yours a nav model? I’m sure I saw someone on here with a branded Apple CarPlay radio who previously had nav?

What is it about the nav that makes it almost impossible to replace with something aftermarket?

Comment

Was yours a nav model? I’m sure I saw someone on here with a branded Apple CarPlay radio who previously had nav?

What is it about the nav that makes it almost impossible to replace with something aftermarket?
            CD400 is not a nav.

Good question, but not sure what it is won't allow it work.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              No one have fitted those branded stereo to their car as they are not compatible with factory nav iirc.

However, recently the chinese makers have made one that is compatible with the factory navs.
              https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...cal-Discussion
              I looked at that but unfortunately that’s not for me.

Too much messing around with it and lack of dab make it more of a nuisance for myself.

Comment

I looked at that but unfortunately that’s not for me.

Too much messing around with it and lack of dab make it more of a nuisance for myself.
                Let say those branded stereo do work replacing your nav, but you would lose configuration menu and traffic announcement, would you be ok about it.

Comment

I’m happy with the car configuration now and I barely use the nav as it’s so out of date so traffic announcement wouldn’t bother me.

I’ve seen here that someone’s replaced their navi 600 with an aftermarket branded unit and it works fine.

Tricky to fit by the sounds of it though. If one of those units had DAB and the ability to control Spotify on my phone such as playlists etc via the unit then I’d be happy.

Comment

I used the connect2 steering wheel conversion for my pioneer and I still have access to the configuration menu.

Comment

I used the connect2 steering wheel conversion for my pioneer and I still have access to the configuration menu.
                      Can you upload a picture of the configuration menu working on your pioneer unit. Thanks

Comment

It doesn’t use the pioneer unit, it uses the standard cd400 screen that is still there. The connect2 system allows a hard press of the source button on the steering wheel to bring up the standard configuration menu.

Comment

It doesn’t use the pioneer unit, it uses the standard cd400 screen that is still there. The connect2 system allows a hard press of the source button on the steering wheel to bring up the standard configuration menu.
                          I don’t think this would work on the navigation cars.

Seems it’s either Vauxhall’s awfully designed infotainment Navigation system or nothing sadly.

I’m happy to lose the screen anyway. It’s a small price to pay for a modern sound system.

Comment

I don’t think this would work on the navigation cars.

Seems it’s either Vauxhall’s awfully designed infotainment Navigation system or nothing sadly.
                            There's nothing wrong with the Vauxhall infotainment navigation system, it works very well and has good functionality. No complaints here. If you're referring to the units in the earlier cars e.g. 2009 etc then the Vauxhall system was much better at that time than any of the Android units around
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                              There's nothing wrong with the Vauxhall infotainment navigation system, it works very well and has good functionality. No complaints here. If you're referring to the units in the earlier cars e.g. 2009 etc then the Vauxhall system was much better at that time than any of the Android units around
                              My car is 2011 and has navigation. Dab wasn’t standard nor was Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth option only allows calls and no music streaming.

I’m aware of the usb and aux in ports but should you have an android phone and want to change tracks then you’re buggered.

Other car manufacturers cars were a lot better equipped as standard than the Insignia.

Toyota, VW, Peugeot etc.

If those options were included as standard then I’d have no desire to replace the factory system as much.

I’m not a fan of the android units. I’ve had one before in my Passat and I found it to be quite buggy.

Each to their own though [emoji4].

Comment

Working...
                              X